Watch
This discussion is closed.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by andyreid)
but i was exposing the fact that rah insults hull,and disses there schools yet ironically nottingham got just as bad schools and in primary schools case,worse schools yet insults hull.

hulls not a bad place,got pretty low crime rate and heard it has some good clubs

end of

Rah never said anything about Hull's schools, that was somebody else, and somebody else already pointed out that they have apparently improved. Although to be honest, I don't see how either is relevant when talking about the university.

And nobody wants to see yet more of your bleeding statistics. Piss off!
gumbald
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For some independent views about Hull, read these opinions taken from The Idler:

http://www.idler.co.uk/html/frontsec...towns/hull.htm

Incidentally, Hull came number one in The Idler's "Book Of Crap Towns", available in all good bookshops, well worth a read, gruesome but true.

andyreid: "hulls not a bad place,got pretty low crime rate and heard it has some good clubs"

Have you ever been here?
RoyFester
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hulls not a bad place,got pretty low crime rate and heard it has some good clubs

end of
The statistics would disagree
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jaron)
I

Have you ever been here?

have you ever been to nottingham for crime, as far as crime is concerned nottingham makes hull seem like buckinghamshire

hull does have grim areas but people in nottingham are convinced that they live in compton
RoyFester
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have you ever been to nottingham for crime, as far as crime is concerned nottingham makes hull seem like buckinghamshire

hull does have grim areas but people in nottingham are convinced that they live in compton
Crime in buckinghamshire is actually quite high :P
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Maddock)
Crime in buckinghamshire is actually quite high :P

heres a comparison with a pllace in buckinghamshire and nottingham

http://upmystreet.com/inf/sin/det/in...uckinghamshire

nottingham almost trebles the crime rate of miltonkeynes
gumbald
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I'm not bothered about Nottingham, I was just questioning the fact that you'd said "it's a good place" (implying you've been) then "the clubs are meant to be nice" (implying you haven't)

Are you coming to Hull University?
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jaron)
I'm not bothered about Nottingham, I was just questioning the fact that you'd said "it's a good place" (implying you've been) then "the clubs are meant to be nice" (implying you haven't)

Are you coming to Hull University?
hull not a pretty city, but its improving and the unis not that bad, rah says it grim, but tries to claim nottinghams not, so in my opinion she/he does not know what shes on about,and she/he has never been to any of those places that he/she commnets on

i have been to hull, its got that big fish tank and its redeveloping its citycentre
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
rah says it grim, but tries to claim nottinghams not, so in my opinion she/he does not know what shes on about,and she/he has never been to any of those places that he/she commnets on
Why the hell do you keep going on about what Rah has said? The only thing she's posted in this thread is "as above". Are you just bitter because she always treats your posts with the contempt they deserve?

Why don't you just go away. Why is it not obvious to you that nobody cares about your opinion of Nottingham? Not a single person here seems to agree with you, including those people who actually live in Nottingham (despite your pathetic accusations that they've never been there).
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Frances)
Why the hell do you keep going on about what Rah has said? The only thing she's posted in this thread is "as above". Are you just bitter because she always treats your posts with the contempt they deserve?

Why don't you just go away. Why is it not obvious to you that nobody cares about your opinion of Nottingham? Not a single person here seems to agree with you, including those people who actually live in Nottingham (despite your pathetic accusations that they've never been there).

thats because they do not live in nottingham
as its obvious they do not knoiw the areas, rah,nk etc thought meadows was nottinghams most affluent area(lol)

also how can you not agree with up to date news items and official crime stats???????
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats because they do not live in nottingham
as its obvious they do not knoiw the areas, rah,nk etc thought meadows was nottinghams most affluent area(lol)

also how can you not agree with up to date news items and official crime stats???????
You still haven't told me why you keep picking on Rah or why you continue to post crap about Nottingham when nobody actually believes you. I'm pretty sure that Rah and .Nk to go to Nottingham, they have absolutely no reason to lie about it, and they can provide a lot more information about the place than you seem to be able to.

And I'd take the opinions of people who live there over stats and news stories any day, and almost everybody on this board who lives in Nottingham seems to contradict your story.

Anybody who takes news stories and statistics at face value is stupid anyway.
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You still haven't told me why you keep picking on Rah or why you continue to post crap about Nottingham when nobody actually believes you. I'm pretty sure that Rah and .Nk to go to Nottingham, they have absolutely no reason to lie about it, and they can provide a lot more information about the place than you seem to be able to.

And I'd take the opinions of people who live there over stats and news stories any day, and almost everybody on this board who lives in Nottingham seems to contradict your story.

Anybody who takes news stories and statistics at face value is stupid anyway.

so those news stories are made up by the bbc???

those students getting mugged at gun point was made up????

those students were stupid not to be terrified that they were mugged at gun point

at the victoria embankment a couple of weeks ago a student got burgled at gun point as well, but cos you take at face value its ok for that student to get mugged

ive provided correct info that no one admits is wrnog about nottingham, you know it
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
oh and for rah and all the othe people saying hulls got terrible schools heres some lg tables
what on earth are you talking about? imagining posts now?

really quite sad.
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
haha he is just utterly insane, i find his obsession quite flattering really but how he can interpret 'as above' as me saying hull is grim and that their schools are terrible is beyond me

*wooo earth to andyreid*
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so those news stories are made up by the bbc???

those students getting mugged at gun point was made up????

those students were stupid not to be terrified that they were mugged at gun point

at the victoria embankment a couple of weeks ago a student got burgled at gun point as well, but cos you take at face value its ok for that student to get mugged
You still failed to answer my main question, but I guess we couldn't really expect anything else from you. I'm sure that the news and stats aren't made up, but they can be manipulated, either by the news organizations themselves or by clueless idiots like you who haven't got anything else to support their case. Even my crappy A level media studies can tell me that.

ive provided correct info that no one admits is wrong about nottingham, you know it
Pretty much everybody else on the board has contradicted your version of nottingham, and at some point or other you're going to have to accept that.

And for goodness sake, why not learn a few basic things about spelling or grammar? If you really are intelligent enough to get into Nottingham, then is shouldn't be that hard.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
OK for an insurance choice.....Lancaster or Hull? Is Lancaster's reputation a lot, or just slightly better than Hull's in general?. This is for Psychology btw
Lancaster has a much better reputation than Hull.
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Lancaster has a much better reputation than Hull.
hehe, we kind of got off the real point of this thread didn't we...
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe, we kind of got off the real point of this thread didn't we...
Just hammering the message home.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Crime in Oxford is very high, but the statistics are skewed by huge levels of bike theft.
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You still failed to answer my main question, but I guess we couldn't really expect anything else from you. I'm sure that the news and stats aren't made up, but they can be manipulated, either by the news organizations themselves or by clueless idiots like you who haven't got anything else to support their case. Even my crappy A level media studies can tell me that.

Pretty much everybody else on the board has contradicted your version of nottingham, and at some point or other you're going to have to accept that.

And for goodness sake, why not learn a few basic things about spelling or grammar? If you really are intelligent enough to get into Nottingham, then is shouldn't be that hard.
lol only rah has given a contradicted version and ive exposed the fact that shes never been to nottingham and never will, as her location says london, face it frances, give it up
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (293)
34.19%
No (564)
65.81%

Watched Threads