shl verbal Watch

soloisland
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Here's the prob

Wi-Fi technology, which allows users to wirelessly connect to the Internet, has an obvious aesthetic benefit in that it can remove some of the unsightly wires which surround computers. However, Wi-Fi technology is also beneficial for businesses as it allows employees to work more flexibly, while it also negates the need for businesses to install expensive cabling, which is particularly useful if their office is in a rented building. As a result of the popularity of Wi-Fi, laws have had to be reviewed, and there have been convictions where people have been using someone else’s Wi-Fi without paying for the service. These reviews of the law are crucial in ensuring that Wi-Fi is presented as a secure form of technology, as only then will it retain the support of businesses.

Companies that own their office space may still want to use wired Internet access to avoid any lawsuits against them
KEY:F

Why the statement is wrong. I dont see anything in the extract contradicting it

thx
YouthOpps
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by soloisland)
Here's the prob

Wi-Fi technology, which allows users to wirelessly connect to the Internet, has an obvious aesthetic benefit in that it can remove some of the unsightly wires which surround computers. However, Wi-Fi technology is also beneficial for businesses as it allows employees to work more flexibly, while it also negates the need for businesses to install expensive cabling, which is particularly useful if their office is in a rented building. As a result of the popularity of Wi-Fi, laws have had to be reviewed, and there have been convictions where people have been using someone else’s Wi-Fi without paying for the service. These reviews of the law are crucial in ensuring that Wi-Fi is presented as a secure form of technology, as only then will it retain the support of businesses.

Companies that own their office space may still want to use wired Internet access to avoid any lawsuits against them
KEY:F

Why the statement is wrong. I dont see anything in the extract contradicting it

thx

I think the answer should be "cannot tell" as opposed to "false"
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
YouthOpps is correct.

The statement isn't wrong, but there is nothing in the paragraph making it correct either. So you can't definitively give an answer.
soloisland
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thx
smuglyanka
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the keyword for a FALSE is
smuglyanka
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the answer FALSE could be reasonable - the keyword is "against" in the Question. Since the company is someone who offers Wi-FI, it could be only the victim, not someone who steal Wi-Fi. So, lawsuits will never be against company.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.39%
No (71)
98.61%

Watched Threads