The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The University of Glasgow English Literature

Hey guys. So basically I can't find the post but I saw several English Literature students looking for the reading list for September. Well I've had a look online and emailed the head of English and managed to get the list!

www.gla.ac.uk/underhraduate/degrees/englishliterature/courses

And it's

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YasmineJ
Hey guys. So basically I can't find the post but I saw several English Literature students looking for the reading list for September. Well I've had a look online and emailed the head of English and managed to get the list!

www.gla.ac.uk/underhraduate/degrees/englishliterature/courses

And it's

This is very helpful! Thanks!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by IgnatiusReilly
This is very helpful! Thanks!

Anytime!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we need to have all the poetry books before we arrive or can we get them during the first few weeks of term?
Reply 4
Super helpful! The work load looks surprisingly light! Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by rachaelxjane
Do we need to have all the poetry books before we arrive or can we get them during the first few weeks of term?

I'm not entirely sure but I'm assuming when we start lectures :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

Yeah I would think they would have e-mailed us by now if we meant to purchase/read them all before term. It's just if you want to get them now you can.
Reply 7
Original post by Leoroary
Yeah I would think they would have e-mailed us by now if we meant to purchase/read them all before term. It's just if you want to get them now you can.

I spoke to the head of English and she recommended that we start reading. She even went on to say that we should read some of Semester 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I spoke to the head of English and she recommended that we start reading. She even went on to say that we should read some of Semester 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool yeah at the open day I remember a member of staff saying something similar.
(edited 10 years ago)
Has anyone any idea which lectures we're supposed to enrol for? It keeps telling me the "Required courses" aren't actually scheduled :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Has anyone any idea which lectures we're supposed to enrol for? It keeps telling me the "Required courses" aren't actually scheduled :s-smilie:

Yeah I am having the same problem, trying to enrol in Poetry & Poetics My other course is giving me the option to enrol in classes. Hopefully they fix it soon.
Yeah I am having the same problem, trying to enrol in Poetry & Poetics My other course is giving me the option to enrol in classes. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Im having the same problem, it keeps saying im not eligible to enroll just yet :\
Reply 12

I don't think English is working for anyone ATM which is incredibly annoying!
I managed to enroll in my English Lit class just there, looks like it's working :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by antoniahunt
I managed to enroll in my English Lit class just there, looks like it's working :smile:

What else are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Enrollment works just fine for me; maybe it was some temporary glitch. Can someone tell me if I'm supposed to take English Language in year 1 or 2 if I'm planning to take English Lit/Digital Media Joint Honours later?
I don't think it matters so long as its in the first 2 years :smile: I'm taking it first year though then it's done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I don't think English is working for anyone ATM which is incredibly annoying!

Possibly a silly question but I'm just enrolling and getting so confused lol I checked my timetable, haven't enrolled yet, but we should have 4 lectures and 1 tutorial for English right? :smile: I keep getting worried I won't enrol for the right things! :redface:
Reply 18
Original post by eliza.anne
Possibly a silly question but I'm just enrolling and getting so confused lol I checked my timetable, haven't enrolled yet, but we should have 4 lectures and 1 tutorial for English right? :smile: I keep getting worried I won't enrol for the right things! :redface:

I got so confused! Yeah we have 4 lectures a week and 1 seminar :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I got so confused! Yeah we have 4 lectures a week and 1 seminar :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah great I haven't done it wrong then lol! Did I read on the Glasgow firmers thread that you're coming from London? I'm from London too so you're not alone. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending