This discussion is closed.
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I just watched a TV programme on the Rwandan genoicide (where 1 million members of the Tootsi tribe were killed within the space of 100 days) and was shocked to be honest...it was about 2 Benedictine nuns who collaborated with the death squads to save their own necks....i.e they let them know were those in hiding or sanctuary were or where the Tootsi were concentrated...and they call themselves people of God....absolutely unbelievable...History does seem to repeat itself...
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
I just watched a TV programme on the Rwandan genoicide (where 1 million members of the Tootsi tribe were killed within the space of 100 days) and was shocked to be honest...it was about 2 Benedictine nuns who collaborated with the death squads to save their own necks....i.e they let them know were those in hiding or sanctuary were or where the Tootsi were concentrated...and they call themselves people of God....absolutely unbelievable...History does seem to repeat itself...
very grewsome warfare
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
very grewsome warfare
It wasn't warfare, it was genocide, lists of those to be killed in each village were circulated to the leaders and it was deliberately designed to get as many ordinary people involved in the killing as possible.

Meanwhile the west with all its military muscle (that we like to throw around) sit around doing didly squat.

Alaric.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
yes i read a book about that, very despressing stuff. I would rather be shot in a civilied palce then machetied (i know i spelled that wrong) running in a jungle, or speared...
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i've driven outside the place where the tribunal is being carried out, in Arusha in Tanzania.

http://www.ictr.org/

woo, random.
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
It wasn't warfare, it was genocide, lists of those to be killed in each village were circulated to the leaders and it was deliberately designed to get as many ordinary people involved in the killing as possible.

Meanwhile the west with all its military muscle (that we like to throw around) sit around doing didly squat.

Alaric.
Well military intervention would have been ilegal without a UN blessing, they knew what was going on anyway - Boutros Boutros-Ghali is your man.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Well military intervention would have been ilegal without a UN blessing, they knew what was going on anyway - Boutros Boutros-Ghali is your man.
Indeed, it's atrocious.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
stupid people with power not interfering. see when there is a need to interfere, they don't, but when there is no need to they do.

as in Emerica.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
stupid people with power not interfering. see when there is a need to interfere, they don't, but when there is no need to they do.

as in Emerica.
That would be America, and i dont think we want to send our troops to fight in jungles again.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)

Alaric.
Funny that, they didn't intervene when there was no oil/other raw material to prosper from. :rolleyes:
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

as in Emerica.
and heaven forbide anyone else does anything about. It's all "US thinks they are the world police" and then when there is a need its "why dont they do something" :mad:
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

as in Emerica.
Yes, this time there is no raw material to take advantage of.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
and heaven forbide anyone else does anything about. It's all "US thinks they are the world police" and then when there is a need its "why dont they do something" :mad:
The point is that they intervene only to screw the nation out of the raw material they own.

In Iraq, they could control oil supply.

For Rwanda, there is hardly anything of worth.

Hence greed for raw materials is a clear motive.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *reasoning*)
Yes, this time there is no raw material to take advantage of.
yep, there is no oil, no money, nothing.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The point is that they intervene only to screw the nation out of the raw material they own.

In Iraq, they could control oil supply.

For Rwanda, there is hardly anything of worth.

Hence greed for raw materials is a clear motive.
that may be some peoples opinion, but not mine.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
that may be some peoples opinion, but not mine.
You're in denial.

Iraq = oil rich = american attack with excuse that failed
Rwanda = not oil rich = no attack despite millions dieing of genecide.

Yes, your opinion is quite clear based on the evidence.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep, there is no oil, no money, nothing.
America is internationally competitive and capitalist - They wouldn't be that stupid to go to help Rwanda for the sake of "morals". :rolleyes:
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're in denial.

Iraq = oil rich = american attack with excuse that failed
Rwanda = not oil rich = no attack despite millions dieing of genecide.

Yes, your opinion is quite clear based on the evidence.
what happenes in Rwanda is not our problem. Iraq was, they had missles that could have hit israel. I am not vouching that it was justified, but we have no need to bring more soliders into more unknown countries.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i don't wanna start another argument at this time of night, however.........
during the Armenian Genocide, America did crap all to stop the Ottoman Turks from wiping us out. It was only the charity organisations that tried to help, even though the Ambassador to America was informing them og the happenings.

Afterwards, Britain tried to bring some justice, and it was going to take many high level Turkish Officials to court, but about 20 army officers were taken by the Turkish as hostages, and then the Officials were released.

When there is nothing of value, america doesn't do anything. but when there is, they intervene in the name of 'justice'.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
America is internationally competitive and capitalist - They wouldn't be that stupid to go to help Rwanda for the sake of "morals". :rolleyes:
this is laughable bono. Where is Britain in all this?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads