This discussion is closed.
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
what happenes in Rwanda is not our problem. Iraq was, they had missles that could have hit israel. I am not vouching that it was justified, but we have no need to bring more soliders into more unknown countries.
oh so, if they hit Isreal it is our probelm but when it is Rwanda it is not. why?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what happenes in Rwanda is not our problem. Iraq was, they had missles that could have hit israel. I am not vouching that it was justified, but we have no need to bring more soliders into more unknown countries.
America have weapons that can blow up the world.

Why don't America go to war with America then, based on your logic?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
oh so, if they hit Isreal it is our probelm but when it is Rwanda it is not. why?
Because Iraq have Oil and Rwanda have nothing. Simple really.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *reasoning*)
You're in denial.

Iraq = oil rich = american attack with excuse that failed
Rwanda = not oil rich = no attack despite millions dieing of genecide.

Yes, your opinion is quite clear based on the evidence.
if that were the case than the US would have intervened in the countries that are diamond rich. Oil isn't the only resource of value in the world!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
this is laughable bono. Where is Britain in all this?
Being nearly as idiotic?
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Because Iraq have Oil and Rwanda have nothing. Simple really.
yeah i know. i was just asking padfoot as to why Isreal is our problem and Rwanda is not.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
if that were the case than the US would have intervened in the countries that are diamond rich. Oil isn't the only resource of value in the world!
but Iraq is easier to topple over - And Oil is a more plentiful, useful resource than diamond.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
t'is a point well made.

as for "but we have no need to bring more soliders into more unknown countries" well I assume by the 'VT' as padfoot90's location that he/she is an american. that may explain the 'unknown countries' comment.
I think every adult should be able to name at least 75% of countries.
J
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Being nearly as idiotic?
i am not going to argue with you all, i have my opinions,and you have yours. However, i find it odd that in all this america bashing, no one brings up america's allies as doing anything wrong.

Israel is our ally, Rwanda is not simple really.

Bono- america does not use it weapons (lately). Iraq used them agianst Israel.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
t'is a point well made.

as for "but we have no need to bring more soliders into more unknown countries" well I assume by the 'VT' as padfoot90's location that he/she is an american. that may explain the 'unknown countries' comment.
I think every adult should be able to name at least 75% of countries.
J
i happen to be very good at geography thanks, i meant unknown as in small, and somewhat hidden away. Please do not assume that americans are bad at geography.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
but Iraq is easier to topple over - And Oil is a more plentiful, useful resource than diamond.
there's another reason you aren't taking into account. The fact is that when they went into iraq they had a target. Who would be the target in rwanda? what would happen is what is happening in iraq now. both sides attack you
J
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am not going to argue with you all, i have my opinions,and you have yours. However, i find it odd that in all this america bashing, no one brings up america's allies as doing anything wrong.

1.) I never support the majority of UK actions as I have iranian parents myself - Two wrongs don't make a right.

2.) "America does not use its weapons (lately)" - Is that some kind of a joke? They have probably used more weapons than countries will use in centuries...
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there's another reason you aren't taking into account. The fact is that when they went into iraq they had a target. Who would be the target in rwanda? what would happen is what is happening in iraq now. both sides attack you
J
They? I assume you mean america. Britain helped as well.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1.) I never support the majority of UK actions as I have iranian parents myself - Two wrongs don't make a right.

2.) "America does not use its weapons (lately)" - Is that some kind of a joke? They have probably used more weapons than countries will use in centuries...
o lord i mean Iraq was not at war when they attacked Israel, we were at war.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
J
Yes, the target of acquiring Oil, I agree.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
o lord i mean Iraq was not at war when they attacked Israel, we were at war.
Yes, America is always killing people, regardless of the excuse they conjure up with zero evidence.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

so Rwanda is Americas enemy, that is why it needs no help........I see. :rolleyes:

so, now you kan't call Americas work 'justice' as it feels alright seeing injustice being done and sitting comfortably and doing nothing.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
i happen to be very good at geography thanks, i meant unknown as in small, and somewhat hidden away. Please do not assume that americans are bad at geography.
1) Rwanada is not small. It's a damn site bigger than israel, both in size and population (8.5mill compared with 6.5mill last time i checked)

2) "america does not use it weapons (lately). Iraq used them agianst Israel." Iraq fired a few scuds into israel in the gulf war. That was a long time ago

J
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, America is always killing people, regardless of the excuse they conjure up with zero evidence.
I never said i supported the war/wars. It seems like you cannot voice an opinion on here without getting them attacked. O yeah we americans cannot get enough killing people :rolleyes:
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1) Rwanada is not small. It's a damn site bigger than israel, both in size and population (8.5mill compared with 6.5mill last time i checked)

2) "america does not use it weapons (lately). Iraq used them agianst Israel." Iraq fired a few scuds into israel in the gulf war. That was a long time ago

J
As I said, any random excuse will do.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (299)
34.13%
No (577)
65.87%

Watched Threads