The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Might sound crazy, but....

My AS grades weren't amazing
However I am going to work my ass off to get three A's I have my pass in my AS grade in psychology .
However I want to bring up all my AS grades so In A2 I can get 3A. But because of my terrible AS grades could I still apply but defer my offer to I can achieve the desired grade and get a unconditional offer?
Could this happen ?
Or should I just apply in 2015?
P.S. during that gap year I would be working in a publish company to gain experience. As well as volunteering at the Red Cross?

Posted from TSR Mobile kno
Reply 1
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
So you basically want to know if when you defer a conditional offer it will become unconditional the next year?
Reply 4
To an extent yes, I just want to know if UCL would accept me and let me defer; with the my grades i have, if I resit them to bring them up?

Reply 5
I'd say to apply in 2015, and resit your ASs in 2014, and then do your A2s in 2015. That way you're not making any commitments to UCL because you never know, you might still not do as well as you'd hoped to do when you retake your ASs.

Basically, resit your ASs and only apply once you're in your A2 year and doing only your A2s. That would be my advice. Of course, get other opinions though :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks for the opinion, I don't mind having to wait until 2015, as long as I get into a good uni! :smile:

Reply 7
Reply 8
Reply 9
Reply 10
Reply 11
Reply 12
If you get a conditional offer you have to meet it by august 31st that year. You can defer the offer but you can't defer the conditions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
So would they let me in with a prediction of BBB but if i resit, I could bring them up?

Reply 14
And then defer? To next year or just apply in 2015?

Reply 15
Original post by Greekgeekable
So would they let me in with a prediction of BBB but if i resit, I could bring them up?

If they usually accept people with BBB, yes. But if they accept you with those grades then they have accepted you - they can't expect you to resit.

No matter how many ways you phrase it, you can't do what you want to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending