The Student Room Group

The BIG GCSE results day annihilation!!

Hey everyone,

First of all good luck in with your results tomorrow - I know how it feels!

A bit of a fun thread to hopefully take your mind off it all...

Question: Which GCSE subject would you like to destroy? Like, make sure it never existed, so you would never have to do it again.

Rep for anyone with good explanations :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

For me, it was German... SO BORING, I wish I had that time in my life back!
Reply 2
English Literature because, despite how hard I try to find hidden meanings in the books/poetry that I am forced to read, I still never seem to do well in it. I find it really frustrating. Not every little piece of description has to have some emotional meaning behind it.
Reply 3
Religion, completely pointless waste of 1 hour every week for two years to get 1/2 a GCSE
Some good memories though!
ICT (ok, not strictly GCSE, but an OCR National!) because all you do is make pathetic print screens, and explain what is in them. How is that even worth spending time on?!
Art...
So much time wasted on 5 hour long homework that should have taken 1 hour! I've spent hours on a drawing/painting etc and ended up with a B-. :hmmm:
Reply 6
Argh English Language :argh::argh:
Reply 7
English Language, let's face it the subject isn't marked on a persons ability to write but more on their ability to incorporate certain writing techniques or phrases into their work. Also it's the type of subject you can't really revise for, you either have the natural ability or you don't, it takes more effort to boost your grade than other subjects.
Reply 8
Only in year 10 so not entirely representative, but I would say Business and Communication Systems. The exam was ridiculously easy - I got full UMS with no revision outside of class - but the other two sections ruined my grade.
The coursework involved coming up with a pop up shop, and more than half our class got the same mark of a low C, including mine. We compared it to the exemplar material and had no idea what happened. No one in our class got higher than a B.
The practical exam was awful. We had to do random tasks like correcting spelling, then there were crazy sections like 'make 9 improvements to the flyer's design'. I spent ages repositioning everything, only to be told by the invigilator that we weren't allowed. I then changed a lot of the colours, just finishing in the time, only for the invigilators to force is to print in black and white due to cost constraints or some other terrible reason. I got a C in that. Overall, I got a B - one person got a low A and very few people even managed a B. It was taken in year 9 but it was still all out of our control.

Rant over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by economicsrocks
ICT (ok, not strictly GCSE, but an OCR National!) because all you do is make pathetic print screens, and explain what is in them. How is that even worth spending time on?!

Have to agree with this

Why does everyone hate English language. You don't need to do any revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
GRAPHICS. STUPID STUPID GCSE.

Had so many breakdowns, angry moments, broken laptops (amongst many pencils and pens) over it.
Reply 11

Agreed!
Although I done a full GCSE in ICT but anyone who has done ICT CAB this year will know exactly what I mean!
ICT in its self has the potential to be a fun subject, but there is nothing to enjoy when your doing the CAB writing about why you chose a font and its colour for pages after bloody pages. Completely hated it.

Also an honourable mention goes out to triple Science because you ruined my friking life with all your nonsense!
Reply 12

Oh this this this this x10000000
Reply 13
I'll tell you tomorrow which one shouldn't exist.
OCR music. Ridiculously hard, subjective exam with insane grade boundaries, long and dragging coursework, sucked at performance...

****. That. ****.
Original post by big_fudge
Agreed!
Although I done a full GCSE in ICT but anyone who has done ICT CAB this year will know exactly what I mean!
ICT in its self has the potential to be a fun subject, but there is nothing to enjoy when your doing the CAB writing about why you chose a font and its colour for pages after bloody pages. Completely hated it.

Also an honourable mention goes out to triple Science because you ruined my friking life with all your nonsense!

Urrrgh I know! Even the ICT teachers look as though they're going to go to sleep because of how tedious the work is!
Maths because I have a processing problem which means no matter how many times I try to learn certain aspects I just can't apply them later on. I'm getting my GCSE maths result tomorrow and need a B. I worked so hard for it so I will be gutted if it's a C (although it's better than my original D grade).
Reply 17
Don't get me started with CAB!! The most boring thing I have ever done. I think I cried every lesson...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Media Studies. Worst subject ever.
Reply 19
Latin, what a joke of a subject!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest