The Student Room Group

Computing or Business Information Technology??

I'm in a sticky situation as i am in clearing and i have no clue what to study, either computing or business information technology. I originally applied for business at Queen Mary but got rejected. Both courses are at University of kent and i am hoping current students studying the following courses can provide me with more information.
I have until tomorrow morning to make my decision and i am stresseddddd out.
Thanks
Reply 1
what alevels and grades?
Reply 2
I'd say Computing would be the better option, but I'm a bit biased.. :colone:

Have you checked the course content of both courses?
Reply 3
Definitely Computing. The course content of 'Information Technology' courses are usually really, really lower-tier, Computing/Computer Science courses usually cover the whole subject and allow you to branch into Business on your own by teaching you the required skill set, and it's a lot more reputable imo.

Although I may be wrong - I'm not sure about the Universty of Kent's teaching method with these courses.
Reply 4
History B
Business B
Mathematics C

Don't get me wrong computing is more respected but BIT will help me with my future aspirations on becoming a business analyst but i think i may need to do a masters, also i have previous business knowledge which may help me in business information technology.
Reply 5
Original post by Azure-blue
Definitely Computing. The course content of 'Information Technology' courses are usually really, really lower-tier, Computing/Computer Science courses usually cover the whole subject and allow you to branch into Business on your own by teaching you the required skill set, and it's a lot more reputable imo.

Although I may be wrong - I'm not sure about the Universty of Kent's teaching method with these courses.

Also Business information technology does majority of the same modules as computing except for 3 modules (1 in each year). so far im going towards BIT and i feel i would enjoy that more after talking to a few people about it, so yeah its not too different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending