The Student Room Group

EPQ to get into medicine

Hello all,
I'm going to be a year 13 student this year and I'm a prospective medicine applicant who's planning to apply next year during my GAP year after I hopefully complete my A-Levels to a high enough standard. I basically flopped in my AS Levels and I'm having to resit 7 AS modules alongside sitting 3 A-Levels in Junes and I'm hoping to get at least AAA at the end of it.

Now time management is key to succeeding this time around for me and not mess up as you can probably see, however I'm in a slight bit of bother when it comes to fitting EPQ around my already tight, busy revision schedule to achieve good grades come August 2014. It's not that I already can't cope with EPQ, but I signed up for it in June 2012 when I was in Year 12 however I was ill for the majority of July and only just recovered so haven't really done enough for my EPQ! According to my Sixth Form the deadline is the 6th September however I do not even have a Production Log with an EPQ question approved by a teacher. Is it worth me doing the EPQ in this situation? I was just wondering how important it really is when it comes to applying for medicine.

Thanks guys (and sorry for the long post)

Quick Reply

Latest