The Student Room Group

The thing I'm most worried about for 6th Form is CLOTHES?

I can't really tell if i have many clothes or not, compared to my friends I don't, I have about 10-15 tops, 3 pairs of jeans, 3 skirts, 2 dresses and a playsuit. In high school I felt like that was enough to get by because I don't really go out much and obviously I just wore uniform for school but I'm really worried about wearing the same things all the time in college? I know it's not a fashion show, I'm going to learn not to impress any one, but it's really worrying me.
The first thing I'm going to say is don't worry about wearing some of the same outfits again and again, trust me everyone will, no one expects you to have an endless wardrobe! :smile:

You have enough to get by, but you might want to buy a few more pairs of casual clothes you can wear quite commonly but that's it.
I wore on rotation 2 jumpers for the whole year and some jeans. Nobody cares.
Reply 3
People will be a lot more bothered at first but after about a few weeks and certainly towards the end of the year you honestly won't care at all and will just grab whatever you can find in order to save a few extra precious minutes in bed!
Reply 4
There's no need to worry at all! By the end of the first month you won't even think about it :smile:
The amount of clothes you listed is enough!
On your first day wear something you feel happy and comfortable in so you can feel relaxed and after that- you'll realise what you wear is no big deal!
Best of luck :smile:
I escaped this by going to a sixth form that requires suits! I know, horrid.

Same principles apply though. First you must be comfortable. If you were looking for some more tops Primark have a nice range of long sleeve tops at the moment. You might feel you don't have enough. Do you not like a few of those tops much? Is one of those jeans on it's last legs? Maybe you should work out how much of that pile you will wear regularly and then see if you have enough for a two week rotation on the tops and a weeks rotation on the jeans. That will be more than enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Honestly, you care about what you wear for about a week then you couldnt care less hahaa. I recommend (for the Autumn/Winter) a winter coat, jacket, 7 tshirts, 2 bloudes, 3 pairs of jeans, and 2 pairs of thick leggings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
a few jumpers would also be good hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
At first I envied the engineering pupils in their jumpsuits..Then I stopped caring. I essentially gave myself a uniform haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply