This discussion is closed.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Would you die for another person? If so who would that person have to be? Parent? Girlfriend? Other?
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nope.

You wouldn't be alive to see the results. Pointless. I wouldn't want anyone to die for me either.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
no
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Would you die for another person? If so who would that person have to be? Parent? Girlfriend? Other?
It'd be nice to say yes, but I'm far too selfish and probably wouldn't. Maybe if I had a child
stu673
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
probably. if otherwise it meant they died and i'd have to live without them. would really only apply to children/girlfriend/wife
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I was thinking it'd be nice to say yes but I'm not sure I could, except maybe for a child of mine.
_meiko_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by stu673)
probably. if otherwise it meant they died and i'd have to live without them. would really only apply to children/girlfriend/wife
probably you'll freeze in that situation, you would do whatever it comes to your mind, but i'll say yes even knowing that the chances of doing so are pointless cos i'll probably change my mind on the last minute, but i think it depends, i would do it for my best two friends, my parents and my boyfriend
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no and i think it would be terrible for anyone to ever have to choose
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if it was for one of my close family- yes
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
if it was for one of my close family- yes
anything for my family. does that sound sad?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would die for my two best friends.
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i would!
for mum, dad, bro, sis, my own kids, future husband! pretty much anyone!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I honestly couldn't say. It would depend partly on the nature of their death and the nature of mine, I think. If someone was pointing a gun at my mum/dad/sister and said "It's them or you" could you live with the guilt of letting them die, but could you be brave enough to sacrifice yourself?

If my dying would save the world or something like that (e.g. like in Deep Impact, only not in exactly the same way) then I'd do it.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Yes if it meant saving my daughter's life. But I couldn't do that for anyoneelse as it would mean leaving my daughter behind without her mother.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I honestly couldn't say. It would depend partly on the nature of their death and the nature of mine, I think. If someone was pointing a gun at my mum/dad/sister and said "It's them or you" could you live with the guilt of letting them die, but could you be brave enough to sacrifice yourself?

If my dying would save the world or something like that (e.g. like in Deep Impact, only not in exactly the same way) then I'd do it.
I agree.
menzib
Report 16 years ago
i would die for any of my friends that are one of my true friends

i wouldnt die for anyone who was just my friend

if it was for someone else then i would do my best to save their life without takin my own
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (292)
34.19%
No (562)
65.81%

Watched Threads