The Student Room Group

Can I enroll at two Sixth Forms?

Hello,

Today I recieved my GCSE results and all looks good with 6C's 6B's and 2A's (I may have 4 A's as there has been some errors and my maths is being sent off for a remark as I was 1 off an A)

My problem is I am afraid of not getting into my prefered Sixth Form due to my attendence, although this has not been brought up by the Sixth form. I have two colleges that I have in mind of attending but my prefered college enrollment is tommorow whislt my second option is today.

Can I go to both enrollments and then if I get into my prefered college decide to go to that college or can I only enroll at one college? I do not want to not go to my second choice and then find out I am not being accepted by my prefered college.

Thank you!
Original post by josh40996
Hello,

Today I recieved my GCSE results and all looks good with 6C's 6B's and 2A's (I may have 4 A's as there has been some errors and my maths is being sent off for a remark as I was 1 off an A)

My problem is I am afraid of not getting into my prefered Sixth Form due to my attendence, although this has not been brought up by the Sixth form. I have two colleges that I have in mind of attending but my prefered college enrollment is tommorow whislt my second option is today.

Can I go to both enrollments and then if I get into my prefered college decide to go to that college or can I only enroll at one college? I do not want to not go to my second choice and then find out I am not being accepted by my prefered college.

Thank you!

I don't think you could be enrolled at two sixth forms at the same time. You can only choose one. With those grades I wouldn't say that you'd be rejected by the sixth form. What is your attendance like anyways?
Reply 2
Wait until tomorrow and enrol at the first choice, if you can't get in for any reason then just ring the second choice and tell them asking when you can come in to enrol. Colleges give you a set date to enrol so they can keep things more organised but if you don't go that day they won't refuse you admission. Every year they get people who can't make that date, forget, get the wrong date, don't decide until after that date they want to go there etc and they just have to sort out a different day.
Reply 3
Ok thank you, I decided to not go to the Enrollment today and see about tomorrow. My attendence is around 85% (I know bad right) due to a number of reasons including surgery during exam months affecting my grades severly. I missed every prep. lesson for my "Final Piece" in Art and Design which left me with a C (predicted A) I missed 7 Further Maths lessons (which happened once per week) which left me with a C in Further maths. I went into hospital 2 days before my coursework deadline for Geography which left me with a B (Predicted A*) I missed a speaking exam for French. I missed my Maths exam and had to use my resit. Very very bad.

Luckly I came out with some not so terrible results besides not have much luck for getting into med. school
If you have a genuine reason for your poor attendance then they cannot deny you a place because of it (though you need to ensure they are aware of the circumstances and know that you were not just skiving!) Its also important that this is mentioned as extenuating circs for GCSEs if/ when they supply you with a reference for university. Anyway, well done for making it through what sounds like a very tough year for you - hope things are better for you in the future.
Reply 5
Original post by pepperthecat
If you have a genuine reason for your poor attendance then they cannot deny you a place because of it (though you need to ensure they are aware of the circumstances and know that you were not just skiving!) Its also important that this is mentioned as extenuating circs for GCSEs if/ when they supply you with a reference for university. Anyway, well done for making it through what sounds like a very tough year for you - hope things are better for you in the future.

Thank you!

I got in on the course I wanted (Chem Phys Bio Math). The woman actually seemed to be impressed with my results(although I know she was lieing...) First teaching day is Friday 30th August

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending