Guy what kind of shoes can you wear to clubs? Watch

ColossalKrish
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
legit, why is there such nonsense around this topic, been wearing suedes and canvas no troubles, wb in other cities?
Mechie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Meh, I wear Adidas sambas. Clubbing really isn't a classy thing to do, I don't see why some people dress up so much.
ColossalKrish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mechie)
Meh, I wear Adidas sambas. Clubbing really isn't a classy thing to do, I don't see why some people dress up so much.
Apparently bouncers won't let you in
Mechie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ColossalKrish)
I've not been turned away yet. As long as you don't look like a wee fanny you should be fine.
Nikk9340
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends where you go. If your just going to some standard nightclub as long as you aren't in joggers etc. they wont care.
KJ90
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know you can't wear trainers, and I can't wear smart shoes black ones with my jeans, so do I wear suede shoes or Ralph Lauren black shoes will those suffice? Can anyone send pictures and name me shoes please thanks!
It really depends.

The only places I have known to require proper shoes are some clubs in Mayfair and then it is a much less messy affair.

In your bog-standard club, if you wear expensive shoes, prepare for them to get covered in beer, scuffed and worn down.

Even world renowned clubs like Fabric and Ministry of Sound do not really care what you have on your feet.

Just don't wear football shoes or something along those lines and you'll be fine.
username858757
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In Union clubs you can wear whatever you like on your feet. Most clubs in town don't care much either (I never wore tennis style trainers, but converse was fine), probably because they mainly get students either.

At smaller places in town, your shoes were probably one of the things bouncers looked at when deciding whether to let you in, so trainers wouldn't help there.

Basically, places catering to students aren't fussed. (Based on Sheffield experience)
dave_123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
depends completely on where your going, my local town will late you in with anything on your feet but bigger citys and better clubs might have a no trainer policy. I tend to stick to smart leather shoes anyway, look better and make it feel like a bit more of an occasion.
wildrover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just wear vans.
Kre
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Black Vans are the best clubbing shoes in my opinion. Durable, but very comfortable and airy. Student club nights aren't classy at all. In fact, dressing up with a smart shirt, trousers and shoes will make you look out of place in most student clubs. Student unions are the most lenient in terms of footwear. You can pretty much wear anything... my friend wore his rainbow coloured Nikes before.

DO NOT wear suede to a club. They will get completely wrecked, trust me, based on experience.
Cll_ws
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In the last 3/4 years i've only ever been turned away from one club for not wearing smart shoes. I nearly always wear my everyday shoes/trainers. The only time i'd wear smart black shoes is if i'm also wearing a shirt and smart trousers, which is not very often at all if i'm going to night club
spun29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've worn converse, smart tan brown brogue shoe, smart black shoe, etc....Basically you shouldn't wear one of those high top chav trainers ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlexDunne2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would these be alright?
Name:  11800122_l.jpg
Views: 9869
Size:  5.7 KB
Kre
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AlexDunne2)
Would these be alright?
Name:  11800122_l.jpg
Views: 9869
Size:  5.7 KB
Yes they'll be perfectly fine.
frappe framboise
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bowling shoes, and bowling shoes alone
ColossalKrish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kre)
Yes they'll be perfectly fine.
What about high tops my friend was asking?
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
in Southampton i usually wore and wear my Salomon's (kind of a hiking trainer thing) my mate sometimes wore flip flops neither of us ever got refused entry
Kre
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What about high tops my friend was asking?
High-tops should also be fine.
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't wear suede. Don't wear anything remotely delicate or that you care too much about because they will get absolutely ruined in the average studenty club.

Wear shoes you either don't care much about, or clean up easily, or just dedicate one pair to clubbing which you know will be useless for any other purpose.
lubus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know you can't wear trainers, and I can't wear smart shoes black ones with my jeans, so do I wear suede shoes or Ralph Lauren black shoes will those suffice? Can anyone send pictures and name me shoes please thanks!
You can wear whatever the **** you like, barring flip flops and maybe sandals
Also there's no need to inform the forum your shoes are Ralph Lauren
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.06%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.59%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.88%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise