The Student Room Group

Guy what kind of shoes can you wear to clubs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ColossalKrish
I know you can't wear trainers, and I can't wear smart shoes black ones with my jeans, so do I wear suede shoes or Ralph Lauren black shoes will those suffice? Can anyone send pictures and name me shoes please thanks!

Depends entirely on the club. I think you'd get turned away from your type of club if you turned up wearing what I wear.
Original post by lubus
You can wear whatever the **** you like, barring flip flops and maybe sandals
Also there's no need to inform the forum your shoes are Ralph Lauren

Relax I'm not showing off, the reason why is Ralph Lauren shoes look smart aswell as being casual trainers, I'm not showing off lol
you can wear trainers, it's all I ever wear, **** wearing "sensible" shoes.
http://www.cr8rec.com/mens/viewall.html?p=2

Or Vans.

Basically shoes you can buy from Choice or Zee and Co
Please stop
(edited 9 years ago)
Where the hell do people get the idea that you will be turned away for wearing certain shoes at a f'in student club. Ridiculous, please. Stop right now, there's no need to post every single shoe from every single store and ask whether you'll be able to get into the club with them, please.
I know this is a bit of grave dig but I'm going clubbing tonight for the first time.
The club isn't a student bar or anything but every Monday it's MNG, Monday night Guildford, so I'm guessing it'll primarily be students and slightly older.

Just wanted to check it'll be mainly trainer based, mine are black/grey adidas things (not the chavvy ones lel)

It's not a big deal but I'd rather take the second or two to post this than be embarrassed in front of a large que for getting turned away for not wearing smarter shoes

(If necessary will black leather slip-on's be the alternative to those trainers?)

The jokes on me because I don't even want to go and I'll be an awkward fgt but gotta give everything a go

(Some clubs do turn you away for not wearing smarter shoes - one of the ****tiest clubs in my town actually refuses entry for trainers)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
I know you can't wear trainers, and I can't wear smart shoes black ones with my jeans, so do I wear suede shoes or Ralph Lauren black shoes will those suffice? Can anyone send pictures and name me shoes please thanks!

gotta say i'd just go with actual shoes. like this

if you want something with a bit more flare then you could go with some swade chukka or boat style shoes.

personally I wouldnt get suede its overly expensive and gets really easily damaged. (even sun light apparently ruins it its like having a pet) so considering your gonna be in a crowded night club full of drunk people and you being drunk your self its probably gonna get ruined. so leather would be a better option.

so something like this would be an alternative

this ones less stylish and more neutural

only downside its its quite obviously got a soft sole which some ******* bouncers might consider trainers.

then finally this.

quite shoe like but with more style n hard sole. an alternative if you don't like the pastry edge style boat shoes and chukkas.

but i've been rejected from a club before for wearing shoes like that. it wasnt even a good club it was some any random club in london that looked quite tacky n cheap.

there are some clubs that actually the sole of your shoe to see if its hard sole or soft.

so thats why i suggest going for actual shoes
like this

like you can't argue with that. thats a SHOES SHOE.

if you don't like the heel on it you could try this

still a brogue shoe but just a flat sole.

so the more unlike a shoe your gonna wear the more excuses your giving to a bouncer to not let you in.

having said that if they don't want you in for what ever reason you aren't gonna be let in.

but i have had issues with say, one bouncer and then a superior bouncer has said he's wrong and to let me in. or the promoter (of the event) themselves has been present to override the bouncers decision.

as i said though it depends on the club you go to. some clubs let you in wearing hats and hoods. so its relative.

but say if you go down broad street in birmingham or to the arcadian which is the two places where night life is on the bouncers will be unreliable so its best to be safe.

its smiler in Manchester too.

depends on what night too. friday and saturday will be busier so they can discriminate more.

student nights during the working week are usually a breeze to get into as long as you have your student ID. so you can bust your trainers n vans or what ever.

but if your shoes look expensive and easily damaged and it looks like its gonna be a messy night AND if you look like you might be the type to have a fight they still might be funny with you. cuz they're thinking you might get your shoes damaged and you'll get emotional and start lashing out.
Reply 28
Wear brogues, loafers, desert boots, derbies, whatever really, use your discretion, different nights / clubs have different expectations.
Cowboy boots. With detachable spurs, so you can use them as shurikens to distract the bouncers while you run past and in. They can't turn you away if they're bleeding from the jugular!

Stupid late-night humour aside, most footwear will be fine, as others have said. Avoid boots or anything like that (doesn't seem like that's your style anyway) 'cause you'll break toes, and avoid sports trainers because why on earth would you wear sports trainers to go clubbing? Other than that, most anything goes - wear Vans, loafers, smart shoes, whatever floats your boat.
I know you can't wear trainers

You can in some clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
You can pretty much wear what ever you want at a club in a uni town on a student night.. think about all fancy dress themes they will have put up with in the past!
Reply 32
Original post by AlexDunne2
Would these be alright?
11800122_l.jpg

No, burn them.
Are black Dollie shoes ok to wear round Chester as have a hen tonight and only these go with my black dress x
Usually wear black Primark plimsolls. My normal shoes get ruined almost instantly if I go clubbing in them and are a lot more expensive so I'd rather avoid that.
Reply 35
Never ran into a place that rejected people on the shoes they wear unless your going to a really fancy place :P
Reply 36
Yeah I agree with the other posts - at University you generally can get away with most things, I often wore converse and things like that.
If you want to be a bit smarter maybe consider boots like chelsea boots or whatever - that's what I do sometimes.
tap dancing shoes are in
Clubs do care what you have on your feet. My mate wore trainers to a Chicagos which is a medium quality club and they didn't let him in with Nike trainers they weren't trampy they was brand new and looked good he looked smart-ish. The Reason they didn't allow him in was because the shoes he was wearing you are able to hide drugs in them and also they do not let you in with air max a lot of clubs.
Original post by RLAofficial
Clubs do care what you have on your feet. My mate wore trainers to a Chicagos which is a medium quality club and they didn't let him in with Nike trainers they weren't trampy they was brand new and looked good he looked smart-ish. The Reason they didn't allow him in was because the shoes he was wearing you are able to hide drugs in them and also they do not let you in with air max a lot of clubs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending