Physics:C [I did 5 science GCSEs the double award and the 3 separate]
Maths:B
English:B
English Lit:A
Geography:B
Religious Education:A
French:C
Statistics:C

btw, if any of you are planning to do medicine/dentistry at uni what A-levels are you taking? I am still able to change mine, I'm planning to do Chem,bio,maths and geo and then drop geo at A2. how does it sound?:afraid:
your gcses are good, don't worry about them~
your a level grades would be far more important when universities come to decide.
if you are still worried, then check individual university entry requirements for medicine/dentistry; usually they have some minimum gcse requirements but yours sound fine!

i've just finished year 12 and am still undecided about medicine/dentistry/biological sciences but i'm doing biology, chemistry, art and maths and i am going to drop art for a2.
your plan sounds fine, as generally the fourth a level you choose (geography, in your case) is mainly overlooked anyway.

try not to stress! i know i did the same last year when i was in your position but looking back on it now, i can really see i was anxious for no reason. good luck with a levels :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I was wondering. I'm 20, can I apply for Dentistry? Especially with these grades:

A-Levels
Biology- a
Chemistry- a
Psychology- c

GCSE
English Language- a
English Literature- a*
Maths- a
Biology- a
Chemistry- b
Physics- b
Religious Education- a
Physical Education short course- a
Citizenship (short course)- b
Original post by Vecrotus
I was wondering. I'm 20, can I apply for Dentistry? Especially with these grades:

A-Levels
Biology- a
Chemistry- a
Psychology- c

GCSE
English Language- a
English Literature- a*
Maths- a
Biology- a
Chemistry- b
Physics- b
Religious Education- a
Physical Education short course- a
Citizenship (short course)- b

this should have your answers~
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Dentistry_Entry_Requirements
seems like most of them require AAA or AAB; although you could probably ring up universities to ask?

edit: i'm not entirely sure, but some universities could offer dentistry with a foundation year which is mainly for students that don't quite have the required grades for direct entry. might be worth researching!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I just have more question. If I were to use the above qualifications and apply to do Biochemistry Masters at Birmingham University, will I be able to get in?

I am thinking of doing Psychology again for four years in row only; it is only a one module that brought my grade down to a C. Do you guys think that it is worth it and will I be able to get in by doing four years on just one A-Level?

By the way, the reason I wound up taking a third year is because during my second year I had an ear infection that seriously hurt and it continued into a few exams as well.

Quick Reply

Latest