The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough help!!!

Hi everyone - I have accepted a place at Loughborough for economics through adjustment and just need a hand with a few questions! :smile:

I have applied for accommodation through preference, when will I find out what flat and halls I am in?

Will there be a freshers fair thing when we arrive to sign up to AU clubs and societies? If not when and how do we do this?

Do we need to pay for anything or organise anything for events such as freshers ball before we arrive?

When and how do we pay are hall fee things?

If anyone can help me with these questions it would be much appreciated! also if there is anything else I need to know that is important could you just add it below - im feeling a bit clueless!
Reply 1
The freshers fair is usually on the weekend of the second week of freshers week. I think on the Saturday is the AU club bazaar and the Sunday has the societies and clubs, there will most likely be an email sent to your university email address.

For my year there you had to pay your hall sub and that paid for the events held by your hall, can't really remember how to do it but I think it should be on the Loughborough accommodation site where you pay for your halls.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Okay - so until I get accommodation sorted there isn't much for me to do.. As for signing up for sports and societies I can do that all once I'm settled.. Thank you..

Any more advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hello!

Congratulations on getting into Loughborough! There is a Student Sport and Fresher's Bazaar the weekend of the 5th October - which I definitely recommend you heading down to!
You will find out your exact room when you arrive, which hall have you applied for?

Thanks!
Reply 4
Well I haven't applied for specific halls because I went through the preference thing which gave me options to select either self or catered accommodation and then the area.. So I picked all self catered for the village, east and centre areas.. tbh the exact hall I get doesn't particularly bother me as I am sure that it's the people you live with that makes the experience and not the walls you live in. I have to say it would be nice to be in the village though..

Any guestimates on how much money I will need for the freshers week?
including things like gym membership (£200), 2/3 societies, one or two recreational sports AU's, club events extra?

I am hoping to have £400ish saved and anything else will come out of my student loan - if it eventually comes through!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending