The Student Room Group

What will have better career prospects: Geography or Business & Management

Geography choices (3 of 5): Kings College, Leicester, Dundee
Business & management choices (3 of 5): Aston(year in industry), Loughborough(year in industry), Glasgow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Honestly? It depends on what you want to do more than your degree itself. For example... Do you want to teach? Go do field work? Herd cats in a corporate environment? Not everyone likes field work or corporate environments to start.

You might try googling up something like 'Geography jobs' and 'business & management jobs' or 'what can I do with ______ degree?' for more comprehensive answers. I suggest also seeing if you're willing to do a postgraduate degree, should that be the path to what you want. Some undergrad majors really do need a phD or Mwhateverdegreeyouchoose to get a good career going.

I will say that there's no 100% safety net job, so I suggest looking them both up and going with what you enjoy or can stand doing. Also, that many fields are pretty saturated no matter what you choose.
(edited 10 years ago)
I think you should be more concerned with what you enjoy more. Would you rather have a good paying job, but be miserable, or love what you do, and not make as much money?

Quick Reply