The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Health And Social Care for a Psychology Degree at Uni?

I've decided to do a BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 3 and equivalent to 3 A-levels). I wanted to do an AS-Level in Psychology with it, but the college don't offer A-Levels and plus, i think it would be extra hard work on top of all the coursework. I'm aiming to get DMM-D*D*D and have already done a BTEC Level 2 in Health and Social Care at school and secured myself a Merit grade.
However, I'm really interested in the field of Psychology in terms of careers. They do have a specific link, as I've researched if i can get into a Psychology degree with this BTEC Extended Diploma but the elaboration is limited.

So there's just one question still lingering my mind;
Can I get into a Psychology degree if i work really hard?
Reply 1
I would first of all go on some university pages and check their entry level requirements for the psychology degree. The chances are that yes, you should be able to get into a psychology course but it's best to check before starting your BTEC.

I did health and social care BTEC and I have just been accepted to study mental health nursing, so I would imagine you could get into a psychology degree with it.

Quick Reply

Latest