Red Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm slightly confused over my BTEC results. For 'Level it says BTEC/CE2. Am I right in assuming that this means it it a BTEC Certificate. I have a D* in Applied Science and a D in sport. What are these equivalent to at GCSE because my mate said they were worth 2 GCSEs each.
Catsyj1980
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At CE2 (certificate) is worth 1 GCSE A*-C, an EC2 (extended certificate) is worth 2 GCSE's A*-C

D* equates to A*
D equates to A
M equates to B
P equates to C

See here for more info http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/studen...uivalence.aspx
Z-TEC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello, maybe you could clarify this for me please. My son sat BTEC/EC2, element code MPE11A and got a grade 1 P, his school said it was equivalent to 2 x GCSE at grade C, the college he's going to said its only worth 1 x GCSE at grade D.
bamtutor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Z-TEC)
Hello, maybe you could clarify this for me please. My son sat BTEC/EC2, element code MPE11A and got a grade 1 P, his school said it was equivalent to 2 x GCSE at grade C, the college he's going to said its only worth 1 x GCSE at grade D.
The course is Level 2 with a Level 1 fallback. If he had passed it would have Ben equivalent to C grade. As he only achieved a level 1 Pass, it is equivalent to a D grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
17.2%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
15.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (22)
14.01%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (44)
28.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (27)
17.2%

Watched Threads