The Student Room Group

Confusion over BTECs

I'm slightly confused over my BTEC results. For 'Level it says BTEC/CE2. Am I right in assuming that this means it it a BTEC Certificate. I have a D* in Applied Science and a D in sport. What are these equivalent to at GCSE because my mate said they were worth 2 GCSEs each.
Reply 1
At CE2 (certificate) is worth 1 GCSE A*-C, an EC2 (extended certificate) is worth 2 GCSE's A*-C

D* equates to A*
D equates to A
M equates to B
P equates to C

See here for more info http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/results/Pages/BTEC-equivalence.aspx
Reply 2
Hello, maybe you could clarify this for me please. My son sat BTEC/EC2, element code MPE11A and got a grade 1 P, his school said it was equivalent to 2 x GCSE at grade C, the college he's going to said its only worth 1 x GCSE at grade D.
Original post by Z-TEC
Hello, maybe you could clarify this for me please. My son sat BTEC/EC2, element code MPE11A and got a grade 1 P, his school said it was equivalent to 2 x GCSE at grade C, the college he's going to said its only worth 1 x GCSE at grade D.

The course is Level 2 with a Level 1 fallback. If he had passed it would have Ben equivalent to C grade. As he only achieved a level 1 Pass, it is equivalent to a D grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending