Analyze this!!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
loveflyinmyeye
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hey guys. I know what I’m going to post is exceedingly boring but I am in desperate need for your excellent guidance. so do please feel free to offer me your most earnest advice.

I have got AAAc in my As subject,A in A-level Math and a predicted A in further math.
I have not done any GCSE subjects as i came from china to UK to do A-level straight away.

What do u think of my chance of being admitted to Cambridge???
Will the fact that I’m a foreigner and my age (I’m turning 16 this October) affect my chances?

Thanks for your attention.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Same old, same old I'm afraid. We really can't tell you! You have good A level grades, so go for it if you want to, but what will determine whether or not you get in is how well you can think on your feet in the interview - and we really can't tell that across the internet! I've no idea if your age will affect your chances; I met a sixteen-year-old at interview at Sidney this year, but I don't know if he got in. The fact that you're from China shouldn't affect your chances but I've no idea if that carries through to real life. If you want to do it, go for it and give it a shot. At the worst they can only say no.
smaug
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loveflyinmyeye)
hey guys. I know what I’m going to post is exceedingly boring but I am in desperate need for your excellent guidance. so do please feel free to offer me your most earnest advice.

I have got AAAc in my As subject,A in A-level Math and a predicted A in further math.
I have not done any GCSE subjects as i came from china to UK to do A-level straight away.

What do u think of my chance of being admitted to Cambridge???
Will the fact that I’m a foreigner and my age (I’m turning 16 this October) affect my chances?

Thanks for your attention.
Your age will definitely reduce your chances - they do not like taking people under 17, and youre a year younger than that. However if they think youre an absolute genius they may take you anyway !
cofactor
Report 15 years ago
Your achievement is awesome for a boy at your age and who at the same time don't speak English as your first language.

Plus Cam is now looking for foreign student to inject some finance into its system, I’m sure you'll be admitted unless the admission tutor is mad.

good luck
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cofactor)
Your achievement is awesome for a boy at your age and who at the same time don't speak English as your first language.

Plus Cam is now looking for foreign student to inject some finance into its system, I’m sure you'll be admitted unless the admission tutor is mad.

good luck
Tempting fate a bit isn't that?
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Colleges will not take under-agers unless they are a) onlyjust under the age threshold or b) complete geniuses (as Smaug said). This is because they have to get special insurance and do not like the responsibility of having legal 'in loco parentis' status. So that will definitely affect your chances, I would say.
Amrad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Try and find something constructive to do for a year and then apply.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise