The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature, should I get a remark? help please

I just collected my results and got a B in English Literature. I was expecting a C, so I was immediately really happy. I then looked at the individual marks for the units (they're in UMS) and they were as follows:

Unit 1: 70 / 80 (A)
Unit 2: 46 / 70 (C)
Unit 3: 39 / 50 (B)

This gives me an overall UMS of 155 / 200. The boundary for A was 160, so I'm already very close. Also, the other marks seem a lot higher than my paper 2 mark, as my paper 1 was almost an A* and my coursework was almost an A. My paper 2 is a mid C. Should I request a remark?
I'm getting my AQA English Literature reviewed/ remarked too! I got a B, and I was expecting an A. I don't understand how I only got a C in Unit 2 when I got an A* in my mock. I doesn't make any sense because I though the exam went really well! I'm definitely reviewing Unit 2, and it's definitely worth you doing that too!
Reply 2
Original post by ~Lauren~Rachel~
I'm getting my AQA English Literature reviewed/ remarked too! I got a B, and I was expecting an A. I don't understand how I only got a C in Unit 2 when I got an A* in my mock. I doesn't make any sense because I though the exam went really well! I'm definitely reviewing Unit 2, and it's definitely worth you doing that too!

Can you request a remark for just one unit, I'd hate to lose marks on unit 1!
Reply 3
Also, can you lose marks when getting stuff remarked, or do you keep the highest marks?

and does the same marker mark both unit 1 and unit 2?
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm not sure, about your second question- sorry! Although, I would assume that if the mark goes down then you have to keep the new mark :frown:
I do know that you can request a re-mark for just one unit though. In fact I think you have to specify which unit you want re-marked :smile:
Also I think that if you ask for a re-mark your paper goes to a chief examiner :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest