The Student Room Group

HELP AQA GCSE Eng Lit, Should i ask for a re-mark ?

I just got my gcse results in yesterday, im happy with the outcome. However, even though i was happy with a B in english literature Unit 3. I checked the grade boundaries in the AQA website.

I got 35 marks & i believe it is out of 40 ? I'm really confused, can someone help? :confused:
Hi, I don't really know the answer but maybe you got 35 UMS instead of actual marks?
Ok you are 5 UMS away from the A, note that isn't marks its just a scaling of results (in relevance to everyone else in the country) this could mean that you were more marks away than 5 or less it just depends.

My personal advice to you is don't re-sit, a B if a VERY good grade and Universities rarely look at GCSEs, in fact I know of no institution in the world who would deem a B at GCSE as a reason not to take you. Re-sits mean more work next year so why bother unless you are really disappointed.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you, you helped me alot. I decided to take your advise and not re-sit as you suggested; i will rather much focus on the a-levels coming up in september (mathematics, philosophy and media studies) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest