The Student Room Group

Should I get a Remark?

In my Edexcel Physical Education I got a D after having an A* practical leaving me with a B overall, however I am 2 marks off of an C overall as I'm at 158 UMS requiring 160 for an A. Is it worth getting a remark, what are the chances of gaining 2 UMS?

I am also taking this subject at A level so I think it's worth a shot, any second opinions? I was also predicted an A* overall, I don't know how i manged to get a D in the exam after getting high A's in the mocks.
It sound like you had a bad day on the exam day. However, a B is a VERY GOOD GRADE and may people whole kill for it so don't be disappointed. My question to you is what do you really think you will get out of re-sitting it except for pride's sake. Remember if you re-sit you will have to do the exam next year when your going to want to be focusing on your A-level P.E, moreover I am not an expert on Edexcel but in some exam boards they make you re-sit the practical as well. So is it really worth all that effort when you can get in to do it a-level anyway?
Only you can decide but I hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anon74
In my Edexcel Physical Education I got a D after having an A* practical leaving me with a B overall, however I am 2 marks off of an C overall as I'm at 158 UMS requiring 160 for an A. Is it worth getting a remark, what are the chances of gaining 2 UMS?

I am also taking this subject at A level so I think it's worth a shot, any second opinions? I was also predicted an A* overall, I don't know how i manged to get a D in the exam after getting high A's in the mocks.

Original post by Puffin Boffin
It sound like you had a bad day on the exam day. However, a B is a VERY GOOD GRADE and may people whole kill for it so don't be disappointed. My question to you is what do you really think you will get out of re-sitting it except for pride's sake. Remember if you re-sit you will have to do the exam next year when your going to want to be focusing on your A-level P.E, moreover I am not an expert on Edexcel but in some exam boards they make you re-sit the practical as well. So is it really worth all that effort when you can get in to do it a-level anyway?
Only you can decide but I hope this helps! :smile:

He's talking about a remark and not a resit. OP, it's definitely worth it, you're not going to go down a grade and you're so close to going up. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by mathsman77
He's talking about a remark and not a resit. OP, it's definitely worth it, you're not going to go down a grade and you're so close to going up. :smile:

A problem that I have just realised is that, I can't actually find official grade boundaries so I'm not actually sure if I'm 2 marks off or not, it seems unlikely with a D in the theory

Quick Reply

Latest