PN1 Higher Education Support 2004/2005 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Got mine today, filled it out and going to post it tomorrow.

So whats all the fuss about, it isn't that hard to fill out and if you are contemplating a degree then you shoulnt have too many problems with it .
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Got mine today, filled it out and going to post it tomorrow.

So whats all the fuss about, it isn't that hard to fill out and if you are contemplating a degree then you shoulnt have too many problems with it .
I only had problems because my dad only earns £12,000 a year but gets a further 10 or so in pension however like 40% gets taxed but they didn't ask for income after tax, so then I have to sort out his forms that he receives to send off so i get help with tution fees etc and it's all very confusing
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I only had problems because my dad only earns £12,000 a year but gets a further 10 or so in pension however like 40% gets taxed but they didn't ask for income after tax, so then I have to sort out his forms that he receives to send off so i get help with tution fees etc and it's all very confusing
Excuse my ignorance but what is LCC?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
London College of Communication aka London College of Printing, part of the London Institute
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Forty percent?! That's the rate for the higher rate tax band - if you earn more than £30,500 over the personal allowance. Shouldn't he be taxed under the basic rate of twenty-two percent?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He retired from a £70k after tax civil servant job (an important one, keeping you safe even now mind) like...over a year ago. And our house is worth like half a mill or something, was last time but we're putting it on the market in the next week or so.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what's the PN1? Can anybody post a link to it please?
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He retired from a £70k after tax civil servant job (an important one, keeping you safe even now mind) like...over a year ago. And our house is worth like half a mill or something, was last time but we're putting it on the market in the next week or so.
Very nice.

General question now - should I send off my passport or should I send a certified copy of it? The DfES site says that they'll accept photocopies if they are stamped and signed by a professional person, e.g. doctor, teacher etc. I don't trust the Royal Mail with my passport.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
what's the PN1? Can anybody post a link to it please?
It's the application form for student support for students in England and Wales.

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsupport/

http://www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk/
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Very nice.

General question now - should I send off my passport or should I send a certified copy of it? The DfES site says that they'll accept photocopies if they are stamped and signed by a professional person, e.g. doctor, teacher etc. I don't trust the Royal Mail with my passport.
i sent mine off with my form and everything was fine- it was sent back to me and i got it this morning!!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%