The Student Room Group

Dress code for college?

I've recently enrolled at a sixth form which said you need to wear clothes that are smart and casual at the same time.

I have no ides what type of clothes these are.

He said don't wear hoodies, or suits. Just something smart and casual.

Can someone help me please

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go with jeans and a buttoned shirt...
Reply 2
Maybe try non-jeans trousers/a skirt along with a blouse for the first day, then see what everyone else is wearing and adjust smartness accordingly. Or you could wear a casual dress with a blazer.

EDIT: Damn, being in mobile mode I didn't see that you're a dude! Uh, take the other person's advice. :P Button down shirt and non tatty trousers should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
a tie and a thong?

edit: casual means just a thong right? You could swap the tie for some shoes
(edited 10 years ago)
Just smart casual, and don't look like a tramp :thumbsup:
Reply 5
Are there actually rules about the dress code? Will they actually tell you off for wearing a hoody?

If there's no rules per se, wear whatever you feel comfortable in, be that hoody, suit, or both at the same time :P (Or be a rebel and break the rules anyway). College is the point where you actually get to wear what you want. Enjoy it.
Reply 6
Original post by anita21
Are there actually rules about the dress code? Will they actually tell you off for wearing a hoody?

If there's no rules per se, wear whatever you feel comfortable in, be that hoody, suit, or both at the same time :P (Or be a rebel and break the rules anyway). College is the point where you actually get to wear what you want. Enjoy it.

Well there are some colleges which involve wearing a uniform

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by iWoof
Well there are some colleges which involve wearing a uniform

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fine. I should have started that sentence with "* For most colleges."

Sounds like this one doesn't have a uniform though
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by anita21
Fine. I should have started that sentence with "* For most colleges."

Sounds like this one doesn't have a uniform though

Yeah, but they do have dress codes. Lol
It's the first time this sixth form is opening, and they're only accepting 150 people, so I'm unsure whether they're strict on the dress codes or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
They are just trying to make sure you don't go in wearing a jack daniels t shirt and hotpants :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by goonermk
They are just trying to make sure you don't go in wearing a jack daniels t shirt and hotpants :tongue:

LMAO! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by knope
Maybe try non-jeans trousers/a skirt along with a blouse for the first day, then see what everyone else is wearing and adjust smartness accordingly. Or you could wear a casual dress with a blazer.

EDIT: Damn, being in mobile mode I didn't see that you're a dude! Uh, take the other person's advice. :P Button down shirt and non tatty trousers should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol thanks!

And thanks everyone else for answering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Most schools/colleges with a uniform or dress code, will have guidelines on their website giving examples of what is or isn't acceptable. Might be worth a try?
Reply 13
Original post by knope

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like that. I almost want to sign up for 6th form now!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goonermk

The OP should go in like this. It might make the college reconsider their stance on hoodies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending