The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Name: Desmond, but call me Dez
Hobbies, Violin, Internet surfing, Games playing and TV watching
School: BGS

I cannot think about anything else to say at the mo. Add me on msn if you want to ask anything else, I'm usually online.
Reply 21
Good idea for a thread!

Name: Emma
Hobbies & talents: Erm... I like music, play the flute (grade 6), art, writing, internet, reading, running, badminton, and just seeing friends etc
GCSE predicted grades: My school doesn't do predicted grades... but apparently I'm meant to get all As and A*s. I don't know if that'll happen though!!
School: Grammar
AS choices: Biology, Chemistry, Eng Lit, Art, Critical Thinking
Likely degree/career: No idea! Something in the line of medicine OR journalism OR art... a bit vague, I know!

Any other interesting facts: I have a serious addiction to tea. I'm quite short. I get frustrated when people use incorrect grammar and/or spelling. I have to listen to music every day or it just feels weird.
Reply 22
emmajane are you fit?

well my name is ben. i am 16 and from norf london init.

my hobbies include gluing pieces of paper together to make really big pieces of paper and also resetting the clocks in my house so i then have to guess what the time is and if i am right i get a prize.

usually the prize is a chocolate bar but sometimes it is much more

i dont know what grades i am predicted

i would like to take french, german, music and geopraphy for a-level, and then maybe go to university

when i am older i would like to be in a band

interesting facts: i have a 10 inch
Reply 23
^ If you want to even consider chatting her up, you'd better bring your grammar up to scratch. No doubt she would have been very 'frustrated' just reading your post :p:
Reply 24
Name: <You shall find out when the time is right>
Hobbies & talents: Chess, Reading (mostly scientific journals), Painting, Cricket and Hockey.
GCSE predicted grades: 11 A*, 1 A (3A* already achieved)
School: State Comprehensive
AS choices/IB etc: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, Critical Thinking
Likely degree/career: Medicine or English Literature/English or Writer/Journalist - not sure as of yet.
Any other interesting facts: I'm a pretty boring person...
Reply 25
11A*'s! :eek: I am so jealous! i think i'd probably faint if i did that well!
Great idea.

Name: Cal
Hobbies & talents: Golf, Cricket, Internet, Politics, Theme Parks :p:

GCSE predicted grades: 10A*, A in FSMQ Additional Maths
School: Private
AS choices/IB etc: Maths, Furhter Maths, Chemistry, French History
Likely degree/career: Law/History Degree then Barrister OR Chemistry/Maths Degree then something scientific

Any other interesting facts: I live in one of the most isolated places you could think of. A small village, two miles from any other settlement. Boring or what?
Reply 27
Name: Luci
Hobbies & talents: Playing with cool new gadgety things, digital photography, folding my exam papers into origami boats and birds, typing very fast on MSN...and speaking very bad chinese?
GCSE predicted grades: 6A*s, 6As, and i already have an A* =)
School: Catholic - i'm not catholic though...
AS choices: Maths (mech& stats), German, French, Physics
Likely degree/career: Lawyer/investment banker
Any other interesting facts: i'm probably on every 'social networking' site there is...but thats not interesting.....
Reply 28
(edited 11 years ago)
Name: rachel
Hobbies & talents: i don't really have any talents, i don't play an instrument or do anything remotely sporty. i have a bit of a shopping problem, and i like to party
GCSE predicted grades: 8 As and 1 B
School: state comp
AS choices: art, english lit, history, photography
Likely degree/career: journalism maybe
Any other interesting facts: i like strange men, for example simon amstell and russel brand
Reply 30
hello rachel where in west london u from
isleworth..
Reply 32
oh. i have not heard of it. is it near ladbroke grove? i like ladbroke grove
haha. nearish. isleworth is kinda small but it's between richmond/brentford/hounslow
Reply 34
Name: Jasneet
Location: West London (Hounslow..yes I know, i'll accept the sympathy)
Hobbies & talents: I love everything and anything sporty (Football, Tennis, Cricket, Table-Tennis etc the lot). Love music, almost all music. Love playing poker with friends. Have interest in the Sciences. Love drama. Love to take photos. Love my laptop and photoshop, and making websites for the fun of it. In fact, you can probabily sense that I love to love, and i'll stop writing what else I love because it will take up a page. Doesn't really count as a hobby at all, but I love to smile and I love to see others smile. There, last one.
GCSE predicted grades: 2A*s, 6As, 3Bs.
School: Public
AS choices: Chem and Bio definately, need to decide the rest.
Likely degree/career: Dentistry (That'd be lovely :redface: )
Any other interesting facts: I'm very injury prone (all that sport :p: ). I'm fighting my childhood fears of bees and wasps :rolleyes: . Oh and one time, my picture was on the first page of google images when you search my name :eek: (got it removed though, i'm not ready to be famous!)
Reply 35
I kno this is a bit off the subject but what is this reputation thing people talk about? n how do i send people a comment? Sorry to cut in to your conversation
Reply 36
Name: Donna
Hobbies & talents: Clarinet, saxophone, Guitar. Film & Photography, Reading (yes a bookworm), watersports, cooking (less and less though).

GCSE predicted grades: 7A*s, 1As, 2Bs, 1C
School: State comprehensive
AS choices/IB etc: Maths,Chem, Physics, Bio/Music/Photography(2 out of 3)
Likely degree/career: Medicine or science&philosophy. Rebellious side wants music or film though.

Any other interesting facts: Erm. An expat as well. A pretty extreme person in that I'm either really talkative or really shy. I found TSR when looking for maths coursework help coz I had absolutely NO idea what it was coming from countries w/o coursework. :p:
Reply 37
kitty123
I kno this is a bit off the subject but what is this reputation thing people talk about? n how do i send people a comment? Sorry to cut in to your conversation

:faq:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep#faq_whatis
Reply 38

Sorri, like i said i'm new! lol i only asked 1 question :eek: but thanks for the link all the same :biggrin:
Reply 39
kitty123
Sorri, like i said i'm new! lol i only asked 1 question :eek: but thanks for the link all the same :biggrin:

It's fine, I just always wanted to use that smiley :biggrin:

Latest