The Student Room Group

GCSE Science Grade C, 6 UMS off a B - A Level Biology?

Hey Everyone,

Well for my GCSE Additional Science, I got a C however I was 6 UMS Points off a B. For my actual biology exam in the Additional Science Exams, I got 79 UMS points (B) and was 1 UMS point off from an A.

I really, really, really want to do A-Level Biology, its the best science for me and I have always got high grades in Biology, even my teacher knows that.
But, for A-Level Biology, you need a Grade B for Additional Science and I have a Grade C :frown:

So What do you think I should do? Should I try to convince the Biology Department to let me in or is it a lost cause? Has anyone had any experience of this before?

Reply 1
This sounds kind of similar to my situation last year, do not worry all is not lost :P
We had to submit our initial AS choices prior to the GCSE results day, and I wanted to do biology because I had 3 essay subjects as my other choices... they said I wasn't allowed to do biology unless I got a 'B' in maths because of the level needed in AS bio.
So come results day I got a 'C' in maths, and trust me I begged and pleaded to do bio, I had got an 'A' in it overall and got an A* in my final module for GCSE. But they didn't let me still, and I didn't want to resit maths, soo I had to suck it up and have a meeting with my Ho6th who sugested I do geography; i had little other choice so i picked it.
Just got my AS results last week and got an A in both modules with an A grade overall --> best example of things working out if ever there was one :smile:
Reply 2
Ah right okay
Congrats on the A :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest