The Student Room Group

Any International students for Sound Technology at LIPA?

Hey guys

I'm interested in doing the sound tech course at LIPA and I was wondering what kind of requirements they have for international students.

I live in India and I've mostly been a live musician(with my main band) for the past 6 years and have played about 200 shows all over my country. I've also recorded, co-composed, arranged and played guitar on both the albums that we've made, the first of which was released on a major label(Times Music) and is available on itunes and amazon. The second one is going to be released this year end. I've got pretty decent experiences with recording and have always followed the philosophy of mic placement and source sound instead of "fixing it in the mix". Unfortunately I have little or no experience with mixing since I've always considered it an art which requires a lot more technical skill and experience than recording.

What really interests me about this course at LIPA is that I'll get a chance to interact with people from various creative disciplines because I feel my involvement with sound has been a little limited, being mostly involved in songwriting and recording. I want to get into sound recording(and maybe design), mixing for all mediums of the visual arts including film, theatre, dance, photography etc.
Anyway, I would love to hear any opinions or advice from people currently pursuing the course or any one who is planning to apply for the upcoming session in 2014. If you're an international student, thats even better :smile:

link from the first album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8E3hVtH9SQ&list=PL27F1D8E6284FFAD1
Reply 1
anyone? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest