Anyone who applied to Peterhouse Dec 2002

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Firestarter_12
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I applied to Peterhouse, Cambridge, and got to the interview stage in December 2002. I had two tough interviews and a one hour exam and ultimately didn't get in (clearly not good enough as one interview in particular threw me, as well as the exam). Did anyone on here get in or undergo the same procedure?

I ended up going to Exeter, and I'm glad I did as well, for various reasons. The Cambridge process was a tough one, but I don't really think I'm missing out that much, for all I had to do just to try and get in.
Forders
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi Firestarter,

Im at Peterhouse though got pooled (twice!) so wasnt interviewed there. I like it now but its taken me 2 terms to get to this stage and I still feel really claustrophobic sometimes. Youre not missing anything. I almost left like 4 times, but I am exceptional, most people settle down quite quickly.

Ive heard loads of great reports about Exeter and it sounds really fun. I think its important to find the good things about where youre at, rather than think about where u could be. Its easy from the outside to find good stuff about Cam like league tables and, er... league tables! but when i got here I just wished I was at Edinburgh, my 2nd choice, cos it seems like so much fun and full of normal people!!!! Its just about finding things u like about a place and, for me at least, i think that wouldve been a lot easier at another uni.

hope ur having fun at exeter!

xxx

(Original post by Firestarter_12)
I applied to Peterhouse, Cambridge, and got to the interview stage in December 2002. I had two tough interviews and a one hour exam and ultimately didn't get in (clearly not good enough as one interview in particular threw me, as well as the exam). Did anyone on here get in or undergo the same procedure?

I ended up going to Exeter, and I'm glad I did as well, for various reasons. The Cambridge process was a tough one, but I don't really think I'm missing out that much, for all I had to do just to try and get in.
Hedgie
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Forders)
Hi Firestarter,

Im at Peterhouse though got pooled (twice!) so wasnt interviewed there. I like it now but its taken me 2 terms to get to this stage and I still feel really claustrophobic sometimes. Youre not missing anything. I almost left like 4 times, but I am exceptional, most people settle down quite quickly.

Ive heard loads of great reports about Exeter and it sounds really fun. I think its important to find the good things about where youre at, rather than think about where u could be. Its easy from the outside to find good stuff about Cam like league tables and, er... league tables! but when i got here I just wished I was at Edinburgh, my 2nd choice, cos it seems like so much fun and full of normal people!!!! Its just about finding things u like about a place and, for me at least, i think that wouldve been a lot easier at another uni.

hope ur having fun at exeter!

xxx
Firestarter
I'd be interested to know what it is about Peterhouse that you found difficult! Is it eg fairly stuffy? Are there not many normal people there? Are there loads of public school types?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hedgie)
Firestarter
I'd be interested to know what it is about Peterhouse that you found difficult! Is it eg fairly stuffy? Are there not many normal people there? Are there loads of public school types?
I have some friends there who all seem fairly normal, but of course I can't comment on the whole college.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (309)
34.33%
No (591)
65.67%

Watched Threads