The Student Room Group

Not dropping anything after AS?

I'm going into my AS year and am taking 4 A Levels (English language, English literature, Spanish and history) and I'm wondering if I get good grades at AS should I take all 4 to A2? Do people do that? It's because practically I'd take English literature, Spanish and history at A2 as they're all classed as facilitating subjects and are respected more by universities, but I LOVE English language too. I love all four subjects, and taking 4 to A2 wouldn't be to look better to universities, it would be because I love studying the subjects too much to drop...
I am very hardworking, organised and self-motivated, so I'm going to work my ass off for good results both years:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I carried on with 4 subjects whilst despising one of them and still did all right - if you can put the work in then there's absolutely no problem doing it :smile: Quite a few people did it at my college
Reply 2
Yeah lots of people do 4 A2s, I'm carrying on 4 (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics).
However you should be careful taking English Language and Literature because some universities wont count both of them so you may be forced to carry all 4 on anyway.
This time next year you'll be able to decide whether you'll be able to handle 4 A-levels. I took 6 AS levels and I'm carrying 5 on. A lot of people do take on 4 A-levels so dont worry about it but Unis usually make offers based on 3 subjects so more than 3 is not necessary but if your able to handle it, I don't see why you shouldn't take them all on.
You still have a year though, focus on AS-levels then you'll be able to decide whether you want to drop or not :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest