This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
Does the metro stop directly near Picc Station? I've never been on a tram before!
*Tries to picture Manchester in head*
Yes I think you can boared trams in Piccidally Train station.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well they come every 6 minutes between mon - sat, every 11 on sunday

yep it is pretty expensive at peak time - a return from alty to st. peters square (where my college is) is £4.60 lol i get it every day as well lol
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
Hey, anyone know Manchester public transport particularly well? (Yes, I'm looking at you AmazingTrade!). May be a long shot, but I have to get from Piccadilly station to Old Trafford footie ground, setting off at about 7:30am. Will the Metrolink be running? Is walking a realistic option? AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!
Are you going by yourself?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
well they come every 6 minutes between mon - sat, every 11 on sunday

yep it is pretty expensive at peak time - a return from alty to st. peters square (where my college is) is £4.60 lol i get it every day as well lol
Blimey, I pay £9.45 for my bus ticket (weekly) as South Manchester is Stagecoach (apart from Altricham which is Ariva) and Salford is run by them jokers of a bus company called Firstbus.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
arriva are **** where i live, the buses are supposed to come every hour, but they come 40 minutes after the designated time and its normally 2 buses at the same time lol

yeh bus tickets are good if you use them a lot - i should have got a year long met pass, would have been cheaper in the long run....ah well,

metros are very busy when going from alty to manc. in the mornin, but i dunno if it is when goin from manc. on the altrincham line - but i have a feeling it may be
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Are you going by yourself?
Yep, all alone in the big city. It's stupid; I live 30 miles away from Manc but I know my way around London 10 times better.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
mayhap we are a bit dull speaking about public transport? lol Oh well...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe yep . I am going to bed now anyway to dream about C265 YNA that is one hell of sexy magic bus. With a Leyland Olympian Chasis, a Gardner somthing engine and a Northern Counties 'GMPTE SELNEC' style body.

OK I am really taking the piss now Sorry and good night all.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
mayhap we are a bit dull speaking about public transport? lol Oh well...
Hmmm, oh well.

Have you read this rhyme from Punch before? Perhaps the ever-wonderful Peel wasn't actually so great...

How wonderful is Peel
He changeth with the Time
Turning and Twisting like an Eel
Ascending through the Slime.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hahahahah, well Punch have hardly ever been flattering,

it's true he was seen as slimy, self-righteous and have as much emotion as a rock, but hey !

he did good for the poor, around 3,000 working class people mourned outside his home in Tamworth when he died lol
hildabeast
Rep:
?
he did good for the poor, around 3,000 working class people mourned outside his home in Tamworth when he died lol
Hmmm, wasn't particularly popular amongst the Irish though. The Anglican poor were fine. Catholic Emancipation aside, he wasn't the most genuine of people when it came to the Irish question. And he was from Bury, and went to Christ Church for God's sake! Enough said.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Catholic Emancipation aside? lol - that's just totally dismissing the policy - he did a lot more for the irish durin the 19th century than most others did ! he was irish secretary from 1811-1819

anyway - name me an Englishman popular with the Irish? lol
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would definitely get the metrolink if I were you. When you arrive at Manchester Picadilly, goto the main concourse, turn left, go down some escalators. then you need to go straight on don't turn left because the system is unique at Picadilly, they have all the services leaving from one platform there, and all the services arrive at another. So go straight down the stairs in front of you, you'll arrive on the main platform, buy a ticket for Trafford Bar, and wait for a tram which says "Altrincham" on the front.

If you're rushed for time and a Bury tram comes, you can get on that, goto Market Street, then change onto an Altrincham tram, right guys? You're 3x more likely to get an Altrincham tram from market street than Picadilly.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads