The Student Room Group

HC1 Form

I am going to fill out a HC1 form so that I can get free prescriptions at uni easily. However, I don't know my uni address yet.

Can I put my address as my parent's but still say that I will be living alone (Which I obviously will be)?
Filling out a HC1 form doesn't guarantee you free prescriptions, when I filled mine out I got a HC3 certificate for help with dental and opticians costs, but still had to pay for prescriptions. The help you are entitled to depends on your income, and student finance is taken as income.

I would wait until you have confirmation of your uni address for the year, it will be a lot easier.
The form requires a snapshot of your situation. I was advised to fill it in before I started uni as I was more likely to get help before I started receiving student loans. My advice would be to just do it with your home address. Living alone won't make much difference unless the people you live with are dependant in you financially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University students have to pay for their NHS treatment i'm afraid! Well that's i've been told :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by simplylldxo
University students have to pay for their NHS treatment i'm afraid! Well that's i've been told :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The form the OP is on about is available to students or other people on low income for help with costs for things such as prescriptions. It's done on a case by case basis, so students can and do get help with costs provided they meet the right criteria.
Original post by moonkatt
The form the OP is on about is available to students or other people on low income for help with costs for things such as prescriptions. It's done on a case by case basis, so students can and do get help with costs provided they meet the right criteria.

i know; to get a HS2/3 Certificate! I had one for when i was at college.. I got told i wasn't allowed one because i have my maintainence grant and student loan :frown: which sucks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the HC1 form, in part 8 it asks what date i will return to my student accommodation after the summer holidays. But I'll be a second year and be living off campus and don' currently have a house for next year sorted yet, so what do I put?
Original post by rachel642531
With the HC1 form, in part 8 it asks what date i will return to my student accommodation after the summer holidays. But I'll be a second year and be living off campus and don' currently have a house for next year sorted yet, so what do I put?

See if you can find the start of term date for next year for your course, if you can't find it, just put Sept 2014...
yeah, that's what I've put. Now just got to get the evidence together and send it off. I hate filling in forms, I'm bound to get something wrong!
4 months is a bit long, might want to get it done :wink: i can't talk though, I've been meaning to do it for a while now. I'm accident-prone though, so I generally do see the doctor a lot, plus I'm on long-term antibiotics, so a HC1 form may be ideal to get done asap
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply