The Student Room Group

Judging a college by its ofsted report?

There are 2 sixth form colleges that I'm interested in :smile: The first one, a grammar school, I wasn't initially given an offer because my predicted grades didn't reach their entry requirements but now that I've excelled them with my GCSEs they said they'd give me a call on Friday informing me if I got a place or not (yet apparently the school wasn't open and they never called me yesterday). I really like the school although judging by the ofsted report (2's and 3's) I'm unsure if they'll guide me enough in my A-Levels? I wasn't able to attend the open evening either so I'm not sure what exactly its like :/

Theres the other sixth form (which accepted me earlier this year), which is probably less known than the first, but its ofsted report is definitely more impressive although for the induction day I got the impression of it not being as great and 'high-standard' as the first but more average and laid-back. It's definitely got a good reputation though although my parents would rather have me attend the first one

I really wanna do A-Levels but if I don't get accepted into the first one my parents will want me to attend another school that does the IB which I'm not keen on but I feel trapped and restricted in my decision :frown:

Do you think I should go to the first school, if I get accepted, despite the quite disappointing ofsted report or the other one because it has been evaluated as the 'better' school? Any advice please? Thanks
Reply 1
Anyone please?

Quick Reply

Latest