The Student Room Group

what kind of job could i get with my A-levels?

well in September i'm hoping to take the A-level subjects: Biology,Chemistry Geography and psychology, but i have no idea what i actually want to do with it in the future.
I know i want to do something in the science/ medicine field (i have been doing my research) keeping in mind that i absolutely hate maths and based on what i heard, physics is worse. just want some advice :/
thanks

Edit:
for my GCSE's i got

1a* religious studies
2a's in physics and maths
6b's in history,English lang, sociology, biology, chemistry and drama
2c's in Spanish and English lit

i guess i am pretty disappointed because i know i could have done better, and i know for AS i wont repeat my mistakes. i just feel like these grades are going to put me in a disadvantage.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Do you plan on going straight into work after your A-Levels or a degree course that will lead to employment?
Original post by thelizzister
well in September i'm hoping to take the A-level subjects: Biology,Chemistry Geography and psychology, but i have no idea what i actually want to do with it in the future.
I know i want to do something in the science/ medicine field (i have been doing my research) keeping in mind that i absolutely hate maths and based on what i heard, physics is worse. just want some advice :/
thanks

Geologist is the first that came to my mind :smile:
Reply 3
I did the exact same subjects as you in AS Level, and now i'm going to be doing Biochemistry at university :smile:
Original post by ElChapo
Do you plan on going straight into work after your A-Levels or a degree course that will lead to employment?

well i intend to go to university as i have no plans to go straight into work or gap year after A-levels, but im not sure what i would do there...

Original post by Blueray2
Geologist is the first that came to my mind :smile:

i thought about that too, but im a bit iffy, because i want to see what other options there are.
but thanks :smile:

Original post by B182NP44
I did the exact same subjects as you in AS Level, and now i'm going to be doing Biochemistry at university :smile:

Wowow congrats! how did you do in your GCSE's? and what uni are you going to?

(btw thanks for replying to my thread :biggrin:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Wowow congrats! how did you do in your GCSE's? and what uni are you going to?

Thank you :smile:. I got 1A*, 5A's and 5B's in my GCSE's and I'm going to King's College. I dropped Psychology at the end of AS Levels as I didn't really enjoy it that much.
Thank you :smile:. I got 1A*, 5A's and 5B's in my GCSE's and I'm going to King's College. I dropped Psychology at the end of AS Levels as I didn't really enjoy it that much.

agian: WOWOWOWOW congrats and well done on your GCSE's! How did you do in your A-levels?
we wont be aloud to drop any subjects in AS this year, 4 subjects for us is compulsory :I
Reply 7
agian: WOWOWOWOW congrats and well done on your GCSE's! How did you do in your A-levels?
we wont be aloud to drop any subjects in AS this year, 4 subjects for us is compulsory :I

awww thank you :smile:. I got AAAa in the end. In our sixth form, it is compulsory to drop a subject for A2.. very odd, especially for people who still want to carry on all of their subjects
so im slllliightly panicking now, im still trying to research what i could do with my GCSE results and my choice for A levels, i hope to try and ace my a-levels cause im going to change how il study and be more strict with my slef. but i feel as though my options are really limited and i dont know, i just need some advice.
awww thank you :smile:. I got AAAa in the end. In our sixth form, it is compulsory to drop a subject for A2.. very odd, especially for people who still want to carry on all of their subjects

is there any advice you could give for A-levels and how did you archived such amazing grades!? and do you know anyonce else who took the same a-levels as you but chose a different career path?
Reply 10
You can always apply to McDonald's :biggrin: or tesco/asda

Posted from TSR Mobile
McDonalds, just kidding haha.

Well with all those Scientific subjects, I think with those subjects you could get any job in the Science field.

Geographer, Chemist, Medicine Graduate, Biologist, Doctor (Maybe), Psychological Consultant

Obviously for all these jobs you first need to get a degree in university after you do your A-Levels. :wink:
Original post by _adam123
You can always apply to McDonald's :biggrin: or tesco/asda

Posted from TSR Mobile

ha ha

Original post by yellowcopter
McDonalds, just kidding haha.

Well with all those Scientific subjects, I think with those subjects you could get any job in the Science field.

Geographer, Chemist, Medicine Graduate, Biologist, Doctor (Maybe), Psychological Consultant

Obviously for all these jobs you first need to get a degree in university after you do your A-Levels. :wink:

though i doubt medicine will be an option, Grades needed for that is not what i have :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
is there any advice you could give for A-levels and how did you archived such amazing grades!? and do you know anyonce else who took the same a-levels as you but chose a different career path?

Just try not to under estimate the jump from GCSE to A Level.. it is quite big, especially the way you answer questions in exams. Also, I started revising months before my exams. It's a pain in the neck but it's worth it in the end :smile:. I don't know anyone who did the exact same subjects as me, but there are so many career paths you can go into with these subjects. You be a Pharmacist, Chemist, Psychologist, Vet and so on. You can look at university websites and browse their undergraduate courses to see what interests you.

i guess i.l have to push my self harder then so i do better and based on current AS student advice i wont take a-levels lightly
Honestly thank you soo much for your advice, i wish you all the best in your future
:biggrin:
Reply 15
i guess i.l have to push my self harder then so i do better and based on current AS student advice i wont take a-levels lightly
Honestly thank you soo much for your advice, i wish you all the best in your future
:biggrin:

You are very welcome :smile:. I'm glad I could help and I hope you get the grades you want. If you have any questions, just pm me.
sorted. thanks to all you lot who helped out i guess :smile:
Reply 17
Any kind of job that does not require a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest