The Student Room Group

I got great GCSE results. Eight A*s and two As, one B, and I didn't get mentioned in

I got great GCSE results. Eight A*s and two As, one B, and I didn't get mentioned in the local newspaper like everyone else who got good results at my school . http://www.kentonline.co.uk/times_guardian/news/ergyr-5137/

I should have been there. People should have read my name. Adults would've read this and thought 'wow, that's one clever kid'

But no. No mention of me. Did they forget about me? They even mentioned the local community schools results, which is essentially a pikey school.

Why were all there names there and not mine?

WHY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ollie.
I got great GCSE results. Eight A*s and two As, one B, and I didn't get mentioned in the local newspaper like everyone else who got good results at my school . http://www.kentonline.co.uk/times_guardian/news/ergyr-5137/

I should have been there. People should have read my name. Adults would've read this and thought 'wow, that's one clever kid'

But no. No mention of me. Did they forget about me? They even mentioned the local community schools results, which is essentially a pikey school.

WHY?

Calm down a girl at my school got 15 A*s and 1 B she never got in a newspaper. She got 99% in her geography exam.
Original post by Ollie.

WHY?

You used the wrong "their" - maybe that's why?
You know, I think you should write to all the national newspapers and tell them. This is an absolute outrage. I will happily help fund your campaign for justice. You are a freedom fighter and a martyr for all those who wanted to be mentioned in a newspaper but weren't!

Fight on, brother.
Hahaha this is surreal!
Original post by 391iady
Calm down a girl at my school got 15 A*s and 1 B she never got in a newspaper. She got 99% in her geography exam.

why
Reply 6
Original post by Ollie.

WHY?

Haha, suckerrrr, those were my exact results and I got in my local paper. Though I did also get one of those 'top marks in the country' things for one of my subjects, which may have helped. :cool:
Ive heard way better results than yours.
Some people need to get over themselves.
Original post by cant_think_of_name
You know, I think you should write to all the national newspapers and tell them. This is an absolute outrage. I will happily help fund your campaign for justice. You are a freedom fighter and a martyr for all those who wanted to be mentioned in a newspaper but weren't!

Fight on, brother.

Haha!
Well, the trend in the paper is that those students got nothing below an A. Which is stupid, because one B doesn't discredit 8 A*s. But you don't need a shout out in an underground newspaper to verify you did well. Relax.
Original post by Ollie.

WHY?

It's because you got a B, they really don't look good, should have worked harder on that subject.
Reply 12
:lol: You can regurgitate crap for gcses and want to be in the newspaper?
Real success comes from innovation and making a great business.
Reply 13
Original post by + polarity -
why

Why? what?
Original post by 391iady
Why? what?

how did you even find this post?
Hah I was in the paper and I didn't even do as well as you. Maybe you weren't in there because they were worried your head would swell to be even bigger than it already is.

You know you did well, you did better than a lot of other people so isn't that enough? Suck it up.
Original post by Ollie.

WHY?

They're clearly intimidated and quite jealous of your results.

More adults would have been angry at the article than praised the kids in it. They would have thought "pah, GCSEs are easier then the O levels I did! Cocky ****s these days".

This would have proceeded to civil unrest and eventually riots, with adults burning down all above-average schools and forcing all kids with an IQ of above 100 into concentration camps.

So, as you can see, the paper had a responsible position, and, in my opinion, made the best decision they had available.
Original post by Ollie.
I got great GCSE results. Eight A*s and two As, one B, and I didn't get mentioned in the local newspaper like everyone else who got good results at my school

First world problems...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I got 8a* and 2a and never got mentioned. The only people who did were 2 that got 10 a*! So who even cares!!! Unis won't care if you got in the paper or not so worry about something more important

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sad life, innit?

Latest