The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Anybody doing marine environmental science?

Hey, I was just wondering who all else will be doing marine environmental science. I thought it would be good to get to chat to a few of you before the course starts.
Reply 1
me ! :biggrin: You're the first person I've found on here doing it. And until yesterday hadn't found anyone on facebook.

Are you on facebook and found anyone yet? I might have added you (my initials are NJC) , I've even been talking to someone who accepted my friends request !
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
I know what you mean, so far I hadn't found anybody else doing this! good to know that Wont be on my own. I haven't been using facebook all that much recently so that won't be me that youve added.
Reply 3
Original post by Hannonball
I know what you mean, so far I hadn't found anybody else doing this! good to know that Wont be on my own. I haven't been using facebook all that much recently so that won't be me that youve added.

You're the 2nd person I've talked to doing it. I found 3 people on facebook doing it, although I've only talked to one of them so far.

I have to be at Anglesea building at 9am on the monday, you?

I'm moving in on the saturday, my birthdays the sunday and I enroll on the monday! On the saturday/sunday I'm going to explore the town and find anglesea building as I don't want to be late on monday. When I went house hunting I think I went near it, but perhaps not actually past it. I think we went by the library and student union etc, but thats only down the road from it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
By "on the Monday" do you mean the 16th? Because if so, then yeah that's when I have to be there too. I'm gonna be moving in to where I'm staying on the 14th but I'm going down this Saturday just to check out the campus and get a feel for where everything is. The Anglesea building seems to be directly north of the library, past the park and among the cluster of university buildings there. Building number 6 on the map if I remember correctly.
Reply 5
By "on the Monday" do you mean the 16th? Because if so, then yeah that's when I have to be there too. I'm gonna be moving in to where I'm staying on the 14th but I'm going down this Saturday just to check out the campus and get a feel for where everything is. The Anglesea building seems to be directly north of the library, past the park and among the cluster of university buildings there. Building number 6 on the map if I remember correctly.

yeah, monday the 16th.

Haven't you been down to portsmouth yet? I've been 4 times in total, but only 2 were uni related. Have you got anywhere to live?
Reply 6
The problem is that I live in Northern Ireland so going to Portsmouth on a whim isn't really possible. I'm living in temporary twin accomodation until they can hopefully get me a place in halls, but if they can't then I'm gonna have to find a shared house.
Reply 7
The problem is that I live in Northern Ireland so going to Portsmouth on a whim isn't really possible. I'm living in temporary twin accomodation until they can hopefully get me a place in halls, but if they can't then I'm gonna have to find a shared house.

I didn't get into halls. But I found somewhere to live with 3 other girls. If you do have to find a private place last minute it should be doable, apparently theres way more rooms than students, especially now uni numbers are down.
OMG you two are the only ones ive heard of doing the same course as e thought I was gonna be the only one in lectures xD
Reply 9
Original post by DanielRowley
OMG you two are the only ones ive heard of doing the same course as e thought I was gonna be the only one in lectures xD

Are you on facebook? I managed to find a couple of people on the general portsmouth freshers page, but I managed to find the group just for earth and environmental science and have no found a couple more people on the course, although I only joined it yesterday so I might find some more.

Did you get into halls?
Yeah im on FB and im in Rees hall wbu?
Reply 11
Original post by DanielRowley
Yeah im on FB and im in Rees hall wbu?

I didn't get into halls. I'm just over a mile from the main uni area and about 2 miles to the marine station.

Are you on any of the portsmouth FB pages?
Reply 12
I just found out that my temporary accomodation is in the James Watson halls. And I haven't really checked any of the Facebook pages. Have you guys really found no one else doing this?
I only joined the freshers pages to see if anyone is in Rees hall as well but so far think ive seen two or so people
Reply 14
I just found out that my temporary accomodation is in the James Watson halls. And I haven't really checked any of the Facebook pages. Have you guys really found no one else doing this?

I've talked to two people, and found a couple more but they havent accepted me yet.

Quick Reply

Latest