What are your measurements and what clothes size do you fit? Watch

Gotzz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Peaches & Cream)
Thank you! I've been meaning to measure for while now (as Tyrion knows...) but I can't find my measuring tape! Hence the lack of my proper measurements too!

Also, I think I'm kinda in denial about the fact that I could be a 26 or 28 back as they're so difficult to find... :erm:
Debenhams usually have 28s
jm925
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
36-26-36, usually an 8 but a 10 if it's very fitted/rigid around my chest or hips.
kb5462
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Last time I did my measurements, I had a 27 inch waist, 33.5 inch hips, and I wear a 34B (although should probably be a 34A... off to get fitted this week!).

I wear usually an 8, sometimes a 6, and very occasionally a 10. The problem tends to be my hips. I wear XS or S in the UK, and XXS or XS in the States.
It'sNotMyFaultx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
5'7 and 33 25 34. I wear a size 8 for fit but a size 10 for length since I'm pretty tall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kb5462)
Last time I did my measurements, I had a 27 inch waist, 33.5 inch hips, and I wear a 34B (although should probably be a 34A... off to get fitted this week!).

I wear usually an 8, sometimes a 6, and very occasionally a 10. The problem tends to be my hips. I wear XS or S in the UK, and XXS or XS in the States.
I doubt you're a 34 anything for bras if you have a 27" waist. Most people have an underbust measurement of only a couple of inches bigger than their waist. I'd be willing to bet that you're more like a 28 or 30 band. Measure yourself and see Most places don't measure properly so I would be very hesitant to trust fitters at anywhere except Bravissimo - M&S are awful, Debenhams can be OK sometimes, La Senza and Boux Avenue aren't very good. Most add 4-5" to your underbust measurement which isn't necessary. My underbust is about 27.5" and I wear a 28 band.
rainbow.panda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My measurements are about 30-25-34, and I wear a size 6-8. My measurements are usually very close to a size 6 on size guides so finding clothes that fit isn't too much of a problem.
kb5462
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
I doubt you're a 34 anything for bras if you have a 27" waist. Most people have an underbust measurement of only a couple of inches bigger than their waist. I'd be willing to bet that you're more like a 28 or 30 band. Measure yourself and see Most places don't measure properly so I would be very hesitant to trust fitters at anywhere except Bravissimo - M&S are awful, Debenhams can be OK sometimes, La Senza and Boux Avenue aren't very good. Most add 4-5" to your underbust measurement which isn't necessary. My underbust is about 27.5" and I wear a 28 band.
Yeah, my trusty mother does my measurements after some bad bra fittings! I measured again and got the same result, but I'm going to try some 32 bands when I go today, but I'm almost 100% sure I should still wear a 34 because even the tightest setting on some of my 34s are much too tight - they dig in, leave marks etc.

I obviously just have an anomalous body shape, it seems!
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, my trusty mother does my measurements after some bad bra fittings! I measured again and got the same result, but I'm going to try some 32 bands when I go today, but I'm almost 100% sure I should still wear a 34 because even the tightest setting on some of my 34s are much too tight - they dig in, leave marks etc.

I obviously just have an anomalous body shape, it seems!
What are your underbust and bust measurements? It's definitely not impossible to have those measurements but just less common! I think I have slightly weird measurements too as my waist and underbust are pretty much the same size, haha - waist is 27" and underbust is 27.5".
kb5462
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
What are your underbust and bust measurements? It's definitely not impossible to have those measurements but just less common! I think I have slightly weird measurements too as my waist and underbust are pretty much the same size, haha - waist is 27" and underbust is 27.5".
Waist is 26" standing, but I say 27" because of actually wearing clothes, 27" is more comfortable a waistband size! Underbust is about 33.8" (it's not quite 34, but effectively 34). Bust is 36" (yes, I have tiny boobs... also just realised that there's a full 10" difference between waist and bust, which it doesn't look like IRL...)

Basically, if you look at my figure, I'm very, very hourglass-shaped, but in a relatively petite way (I have no idea if that makes any sense!).
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Waist is 26" standing, but I say 27" because of actually wearing clothes, 27" is more comfortable a waistband size! Underbust is about 33.8" (it's not quite 34, but effectively 34). Bust is 36" (yes, I have tiny boobs... also just realised that there's a full 10" difference between waist and bust, which it doesn't look like IRL...)

Basically, if you look at my figure, I'm very, very hourglass-shaped, but in a relatively petite way (I have no idea if that makes any sense!).
Fair enough, you've proved me wrong! We actually have very overall similar measurements then - my bust is also about 36" so I'd be much more pear-shaped if I were smaller on top, my ribcage is pretty much straight up from my waist, which seems a bit odd, haha. Your measurements still put you at a 34B - at least you can buy bras from pretty much any shop that sells them! There are definite bonuses to having little boobs, heh.
anonymouspie227
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
Right
34-27-35

I'm a 10 in dresses and a 10 in some trouser types, if not then 12

and 5ft4
kb5462
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Fair enough, you've proved me wrong! We actually have very overall similar measurements then - my bust is also about 36" so I'd be much more pear-shaped if I were smaller on top, my ribcage is pretty much straight up from my waist, which seems a bit odd, haha. Your measurements still put you at a 34B - at least you can buy bras from pretty much any shop that sells them! There are definite bonuses to having little boobs, heh.
Yay for body shapes that make zero sense although, did try some 32B, a couple of which were very comfortable, and some 34A ones, which were good too. Maybe it's the differences in shops?
infairverona
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My underband is 32, my actual boob bit is about 35, my waist is 28 and my hips are about 36. I fit size 10 pretty evenly.

Don't even get me started on bra sizes, I have lost weight (so my other measurements may be wrong too, don't have a tape) and I don't even fill a 34D now. Yet it does give me some red marks underneath the boob so I'm sure I can't be a 34, I was considering going up to a 36..
Trill
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
39, 29, 40 I'm a size 10 and something's I can fit into some size 8s

I'm only 5'0"
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by infairverona)
My underband is 32, my actual boob bit is about 35, my waist is 28 and my hips are about 36. I fit size 10 pretty evenly.

Don't even get me started on bra sizes, I have lost weight (so my other measurements may be wrong too, don't have a tape) and I don't even fill a 34D now. Yet it does give me some red marks underneath the boob so I'm sure I can't be a 34, I was considering going up to a 36..
Your measurements put you at around a 32C - perhaps a 32D if your leaning measurement (when you're bent over, measure around your bust again - it's often slightly bigger than your standing measurement and sometimes helps give a more accurate view). You certainly don't need to go up to a 36 if you only measure 32"! Red marks don't mean that a bra doesn't fit. Anything that provides support or has elastic tends to leave marks - if I had socks or pants or jeans that didn't leave red marks after a day then they'd be so loose they'd be falling down! As long as it's not uncomfortable, red marks are totally not a problem.
infairverona
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Your measurements put you at around a 32C - perhaps a 32D if your leaning measurement (when you're bent over, measure around your bust again - it's often slightly bigger than your standing measurement and sometimes helps give a more accurate view). You certainly don't need to go up to a 36 if you only measure 32"! Red marks don't mean that a bra doesn't fit. Anything that provides support or has elastic tends to leave marks - if I had socks or pants or jeans that didn't leave red marks after a day then they'd be so loose they'd be falling down! As long as it's not uncomfortable, red marks are totally not a problem.
I've tried on a 32D before and my nipples fell out the top! Let alone a C :/
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by infairverona)
I've tried on a 32D before and my nipples fell out the top! Let alone a C :/
Then go up a cup size, not a band size! Try a 32E. Is your leaning measurement quite different to your standing? Measurements don't always match up with what cup size actually fits anyway (mine usually put me 1-2 cups below what fits best). Different brands can come up slightly different in sizing, too.
infairverona
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Then go up a cup size, not a band size! Try a 32E. Is your leaning measurement quite different to your standing? Measurements don't always match up with what cup size actually fits anyway (mine usually put me 1-2 cups below what fits best). Different brands can come up slightly different in sizing, too.
E is too big but I think it's just the shape of my boobs like they're quite top heavy. Such a nightmare
kellyballetviol
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Measurements:30-24-31
Size 0-2 for tops, 2-4 for bottoms
162cm

I know, I have a really flat chest. Just by the way, I'm a ballet dancer so please don't judge me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
32-24-32

I can fit a size 4, but I generally go for 6s. Tend to live in dresses because jeans in a 24W 34L do not come my way often
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads