The Student Room Group

Warwick A101 applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Last year rejections (according to tsr thread) started around 7/12 and interview invites 12/12 but the website states that they are going to invite to selection centre in nov and dec so could be earlier this year :s
Original post by Amyk89
Last year rejections (according to tsr thread) started around 7/12 and interview invites 12/12 but the website states that they are going to invite to selection centre in nov and dec so could be earlier this year :s

Well since the reference deadline is 15th November, I assume they're starting to assess and send interview invites from Monday 18th?
Reply 82
Original post by MJK91
Well since the reference deadline is 15th November, I assume they're starting to assess and send interview invites from Monday 18th?

Fingers crossed, I am not very good at waiting (although I would have to wait a while if I did get an interview)
Reply 83
Original post by MJK91

Although on the website it now says deadline for reference is 1st nov (although I know Pitta said she needed it by tomorrow)
Hi- what is this about a reference?? Is this in addition to the UCAS reference??
Reply 85
Original post by frustratedlawyer
Hi- what is this about a reference?? Is this in addition to the UCAS reference??

No, its the UCAS reference... for some reason they give you until 1/11 to supply them with a suitable reference
/Breathe.

Thanks!
Reply 87
According to Warwick medical school's calender all of this year's applications will be reviewed by selectors on 19/11/2013 (Tuesday) and 21/11/2013 (Thursday). So, I guess we have to wait for another couple of weeks :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by HallOfFame
According to Warwick medical school's calender all of this year's applications will be reviewed by selectors on 19/11/2013 (Tuesday) and 21/11/2013 (Thursday). So, I guess we have to wait for another couple of weeks :smile:

Where did you find that?
Reply 89
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/med/about/cr/updates/

The application form review and selection centre dates are all listed on that page :smile:
Original post by HallOfFame

Very helpful, thanks. Last year they sent out invites as applications were reviewed, so fingers crossed from the 19th we see a few invites trickling out!
Reply 91
Original post by MJK91
Very helpful, thanks. Last year they sent out invites as applications were reviewed, so fingers crossed from the 19th we see a few invites trickling out!

Indeed, fingers crossed for everyone! Hopefully see you at the Selection day (I can't remember, did you apply for barts as well? Would you go to Warwick or barts selection day? )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyk89
Indeed, fingers crossed for everyone! Hopefully see you at the Selection day (I can't remember, did you apply for barts as well? Would you go to Warwick or barts selection day? )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! They're both the same thing, they just assess the forms independently but it's the same centre :smile:
anyone got any idea what barts GEP ukcat cut-off might be?
Reply 94
Original post by MJK91
Yep! They're both the same thing, they just assess the forms independently but it's the same centre :smile:

Would you go to barts day or Warwicks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyk89
Would you go to barts day or Warwicks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I don't quite get what you mean, I thought it was just one assessment centre at Warwick? I didn't know Barts had their own day as well? Even though I'm in Manchester I'd probably go to London as the rail links are better, but I thought it was just Warwick.
Reply 96
Original post by MJK91
Sorry I don't quite get what you mean, I thought it was just one assessment centre at Warwick? I didn't know Barts had their own day as well? Even though I'm in Manchester I'd probably go to London as the rail links are better, but I thought it was just Warwick.

I thought barts did their own day and if you applied to both you could pick which one do go to. Maybe I got my wires crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyk89
I thought barts did their own day and if you applied to both you could pick which one do go to. Maybe I got my wires crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh you're probably right, it says on the Barts site "if you get an invite from both you'll only be invited to a single selection centre", which implies two!
Reply 98
In some ways that is pretty bad - you have no chances to mess up else you may squander TWO university choices. D:
Reply 99
Original post by oz40
In some ways that is pretty bad - you have no chances to mess up else you may squander TWO university choices. D:

But if you do well you could get two offers from one interview.

But I agree it would feel like a lot of pressure. Glad I only applied to one of them tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending