The Student Room Group

Warwick A101 applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HG3690
I got mine back today too. Are you on the waiting list or have you had a rejection? I scored 7 for 4 of the competences and 6 in he other 2. How did you do?

Out of interest did you get an offer or waiting list or rejection?

I got 6 for 3 of the competencies, 7 for 2 and 8 in one so overall the same score as you (although I know they weight some competencies higher so it is actually more complicated).
Has anyone heard anything since being put on the waiting list???

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't heard anything. Conceded defeat in this cycle so have started prep for next year. Is the final day of reckoning 27th?
Has anybody here got an undergraduate degree from Warwick? :smile:
Original post by AndrewRoss
I haven't heard anything. Conceded defeat in this cycle so have started prep for next year. Is the final day of reckoning 27th?

I don't think they have even given any offers to anyone on the "waiting list". Such a load of ballz!

I heard 23rd July?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't expect much from the waiting list. To be honest, if I had an offer there would be no way I would fail to meet my criteria.

Ah well.....I'll push on and go again! :-)
what about the Social Science Course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody on the A101 waiting list had a rejection yet? I thought they were going to contact us all on the 23rd of July?
I heard of someone who just got offered a place a couple of days ago so it looks like 23rd July was the day, I haven't heard of anybody on the waiting list getting rejections yet, doesn't mean that they haven't though...
Hey everyone,

This is my second year applying for graduate medicine at Warwick. I was rejected without interview last year but I re-sat my UKCAT and scored a lot higher than last time (I did a really helpful course in London). I was put on the waiting list at the end of May and was offered a place last week!! So for people thinking about re-applying, definitely keep going!!

I'm wondering if anyone starting in September is looking for a house to rent? Since my offer is a bit last minute I haven't got long to find a house to rent/ people to live with?!

Sophie x
Original post by SPerry28
Hey everyone,

This is my second year applying for graduate medicine at Warwick. I was rejected without interview last year but I re-sat my UKCAT and scored a lot higher than last time (I did a really helpful course in London). I was put on the waiting list at the end of May and was offered a place last week!! So for people thinking about re-applying, definitely keep going!!

I'm wondering if anyone starting in September is looking for a house to rent? Since my offer is a bit last minute I haven't got long to find a house to rent/ people to live with?!

Sophie x

Wow, massive congratulations!
Hi, could anyone tell me whether my Bsc Software Eng degree ( 2nd yr and can get 2:1) will actually hinder my application for GEM. The reason is I have done science A-level before but got low grades so, I enrolled into software eng for a change of scene. I just found out that Warwick does GEM with non-science degree but I want to change courses to Human biology just in case. Can anyone tell me if that would be wise?. I can transfer only this week into Human Bi,o because obviously medicine has always been my aim but I don't want a huge debt from going back to 1st yr. If anyone could reply asap that would be great. Thanks a lot.
Original post by Janjua
Hi, could anyone tell me whether my Bsc Software Eng degree ( 2nd yr and can get 2:1) will actually hinder my application for GEM. The reason is I have done science A-level before but got low grades so, I enrolled into software eng for a change of scene. I just found out that Warwick does GEM with non-science degree but I want to change courses to Human biology just in case. Can anyone tell me if that would be wise?. I can transfer only this week into Human Bi,o because obviously medicine has always been my aim but I don't want a huge debt from going back to 1st yr. If anyone could reply asap that would be great. Thanks a lot.

For Warwick, the title of your degree makes zero difference to your chances.
Obviously, for a lot of other GEM programmes it does (there are many courses that only accept Biological/Natural Sciences graduates).
Do your research on the unis you want to apply to and then decide whether it makes any sense to switch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending