The Student Room Group

Are balding men unattractive?

I'd like a little honesty here, so no sugar coating!

I'm 22 years old (male). My hairline is a good 2 inches from where it used to be (in the corners particularly) and my hair is noticeably thinning on the top. I currently have quite short hair and I comb it in a way that 'embraces' those receded corners, and I don't think it looks bad, but I'm fighting a losing battle. I was thinking of just buzzing it off one day and going for the ultra-short Bruce Willis/Jason Statham look.

Do the girls on here find the follicley challenged unappealing? Or am I being too paranoid? I don't think older women have a problem with it; I'm just concerned about the ones in my age bracket, you know? I'm worried because I think I'm way to young to have to resort to embracing it already.

I do have quite masculine features (square jaw etc.) and dark hair, if that makes any difference.

Thoughts and feelings/advice?

Thanks.
Personally I prefer a buzz-cut or totally bald look over someone with a very noticeable receding hairline.

Some men really look incredibly sexy with no hair though so ... embrace it. :smile:
Reply 2
Bump
Hmm clearly it's really not that big of a deal hey? :smile:
You can buy a lotion (minoxidil) and caffeine based shampoo, to stimulate hair growth and vitality. It doesn't work for everybody but it works often enough.
Reply 5
One of my mates has had severe receding hairline from a young age and is a serious babe magnet. Clearly not the be all and end all..
Minoxidil enhances what you have sometimes but doesn't stop baldness ..take fin tabs which will stop baldness if you are a good candidate they work by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT and the DHT is essentially what causes male pattern baldness..however there are chances of side effects such as erectile dysfunction...

My uncle is a transplant surgeon so he told me all this stuff...

A lot of people come for consultations and decide to buzz it off afterwards anyway..I know you might think your head might look odd by feeling around it but trust me it looks different to how you think it does..so just go for it if you want ;-)

Baldness affects you more than chicks trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
It is an unattractive trait but not a dealbreaker. It's like how straight teeth are more attractive than crooked ones, clear skin is preferable to spotty skin etc. It doesn't reeeeeeeeeaally matter.
Like saggy breasts... etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
its not an issue at all my boyfriends balding he just keeps his hair short you can hardly noticed it I couldn't care less

Quick Reply

Latest