Congratulations celtic. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I'd like to post my congratulations to celtic, especially their keeper, marshall, on a resilliant performance.
Also, congrats go to newcastle, and commiserations to liverpool.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
I'd like to post my congratulations to celtic, especially their keeper, marshall, on a resilliant performance.
what was the final score of the Liverpool match. I missed the second half.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
2-1 i think. (to marseille)
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
Awesome wasn't it!!!
Go da bhoys!
J
malledo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well done celtic- didnt marshall do well
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by malledo)
well done celtic- didnt marshall do well
Yeah. I honestly wasn't that surprised really.
Young goalies with something to prove always seem to play surprisingly well in major games, and with some of barca's best players out, it was hard for them to put effective attacks together.
gwirion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
congratulations?!....hmmmph :mad:
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gwirion)
congratulations?!....hmmmph :mad:
i guess your support barca then
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
i guess your support barca then
Or Rangers...

But well done the Celtic and the Toon! Don't you just love when a British team does well in Europe...

Saw the Liverpool game, how very unlucky they were. I felt sorry for them and it's probably the only time I've known a sending off to genuinely cost a team the game. But they didn't help themselves by going long-ball in the last 15. Their incisive play in the first half really should have continued, they were flying. Still, they can focus on fourth now.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by XTinaA)
Or Rangers...

But well done the Celtic and the Toon! Don't you just love when a British team does well in Europe...

Saw the Liverpool game, how very unlucky they were. I felt sorry for them and it's probably the only time I've known a sending off to genuinely cost a team the game. But they didn't help themselves by going long-ball in the last 15. Their incisive play in the first half really should have continued, they were flying. Still, they can focus on fourth now.
Indeed.
Even though i'm a Man U fan, i support all the british sides in europe, even arsenal, and i dont get why some (and by no means all though) supporters of british clubs want other british clubs to do badly.
But i do admit, i want chelsea to win over arsenal, but which ever side eventually goes through, i will be supporting them.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
C'mon the Bhoys!
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Indeed.
Even though i'm a Man U fan, i support all the british sides in europe, even arsenal, and i dont get why some (and by no means all though) supporters of british clubs want other british clubs to do badly.
But i do admit, i want chelsea to win over arsenal, but which ever side eventually goes through, i will be supporting them.
Yeah, but you can't really define Arsenal as a "British" team. All their best players are non- British. You usually find that in smaller clubs like Arsenal, they have to go abroad to look for players as they can't get them cheap in Britain.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Yeah, but you can't really define Arsenal as a "British" team. All their best players are non- British. You usually find that in smaller clubs like Arsenal, they have to go abroad to look for players as they can't get them cheap in Britain.
Either that or English players are just crap.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Either that or English players are just crap.
Overrated at least. Owen certainly is. But we do have a wealth of talent.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Overrated at least. Owen certainly is. But we do have a wealth of talent.
Not as overrated as Rooney. People expect him to be the best player in the world when he's a ten goal a season man at the minute.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Not as overrated as Rooney. People expect him to be the best player in the world when he's a ten goal a season man at the minute.
Rooney has unfortunately been hyped up further than his development has taken him. I know he has the potential to be great but I'm not sure he would realise that potential if the overhyping is this consistent. It just makes me think of Tendulkar, the Indian press would be all over him for any <50 innings, but at least Tendulkar is an established great.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Let's calm ourselves down. All you had to say was 'Well ****ing done lads' to Liverpool and Celtic. And to Marshall you could have said 'You ****ing Tank!! Get in There!'

No need for "commiserations" to Liverpool. Nobody should show sympathy to scum that play the most boring football ever seen on the planet. You should have really said '**** Liverpool are ****, how about you try attacking more often lads? Rather than passing the ball forwards, sideways and backwards before you reach the last third'.

Now that would have done the trick.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
I don't think anybody has said he is the best player in the world. This years nominees Henry, Zidane and Ronaldo, which Zidane won.

Rooney is defintely quality, sheer class, if you watch him and know anything about football you can see that. Ten goals for an Everton side though, look at who he's playing with please. If he played for a quality team like Arsenal, Chelsea, United he would be over twenty per season, no doubt. You also have to remember the age of the man.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.81%
No (661)
60.64%
Not really bothered about them (224)
20.55%

Watched Threads