Turning into your parents Watch

This discussion is closed.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I started writing kids' poems recently (having loads of fun with them) and mentioned it to my mum over the phone. I had no idea, but she used to do this for me and my brother when we were little.

Anyone else turning into their parents? This is only one in a long list of examples - I think it's quite worrying.
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
I started writing kids' poems recently (having loads of fun with them) and mentioned it to my mum over the phone. I had no idea, but she used to do this for me and my brother when we were little.

Anyone else turning into their parents? This is only one in a long list of examples - I think it's quite worrying.
I'm becomming more and more like my mum, but it doesn't worry me because she's lovely!
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

aaaaaaaaaah! thats a terrible thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really hope i dont look or act like my mum (no offence to her bless her cotton socks) but... no!
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
One of my best mates sounds the spiltting image of her mum when she says/does things and when they have a lil argument... pure entertainment... having said then my mum said I sounded like her... i said to my dad "Don't give me that face" and he nearly burst out laughing!!!

I always thought i was liek my dad tho... strange...
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep I left my job yesterday, I'm putting on weight, and getting extremely lazy. I just need a wife to start cheating on and the transformation into my father will be complete
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Don't know about my parents, but i'm apparnetly turning into my grandad. I'm told taht i look just like him and that I'm getting his skills in repairing things and that.
Trousers
Rep:
?
(Original post by txt_eva)
One of my best mates sounds the spiltting image of her mum when she says/does things and when they have a lil argument... pure entertainment... having said then my mum said I sounded like her... i said to my dad "Don't give me that face" and he nearly burst out laughing!!!

I always thought i was liek my dad tho... strange...

I've always been quite similar to my mum, but I thought that was because I spent lots of time around her. It's only now that I'm doing stuff independently of her, and it turns out we're practically the same person.

However, my mum got married at 18 and had already given birth to my brother (and was preggers with me) by the time she was my age. Not going down that road, no way!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I just need a wife to start cheating on and the transformation into my father will be complete
huh??????
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
huh??????
he's saying that if he gets married and then he cheats on her, he will be his father.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
he's saying that if he gets married and then he cheats on her, he will be his father.
thats not very nice of his dad
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Could be worse

You could be like me

I'm turning into my mother-in-law :eek:
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My brother's like a clone of our Dad. They look pretty much the same these days (although Dad's a little shorter) and the bro is following the same career as well. A just needs to meet his future wife in a disco in a uni basement and he'll be set.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Insatiable)
My brother's like a clone of our Dad. They look pretty much the same these days (although Dad's a little shorter) and the bro is following the same career as well. A just needs to meet his future wife in a disco in a uni basement and he'll be set.
id love to meet my future husband before im 20... thatd b ace!
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Im the spitting double of my Dad....and were quite alike.....i got my dads looks and his charm so yeah i spose i am the younger version of my Dad
Trousers
Rep:
?
(Original post by lumpycustard)
id love to meet my future husband before im 20... thatd b ace!
Don't you worry about missing out on being young and single?
starry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't you worry about missing out on being young and single?
We're not that young anymore
Trousers
Rep:
?
(Original post by starry)
We're not that young anymore
Well you're not over the hill either! What's the big hurry?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well you're not over the hill either! What's the big hurry?
It would be nice, but not essential.

I think I am turning into my mum, except a slightly lazier version.
_meiko_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've always been quite similar to my mum, but I thought that was because I spent lots of time around her. It's only now that I'm doing stuff independently of her, and it turns out we're practically the same person.

However, my mum got married at 18 and had already given birth to my brother (and was preggers with me) by the time she was my age. Not going down that road, no way!
same here
Rashmi
Report 15 years ago
i dont think i'm turning into my mom & if i am i'll do everything i can to stop! thats just too scary to think about!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (32)
17.88%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (27)
15.08%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (39)
21.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (65)
36.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (6)
3.35%
No particular grades needed (10)
5.59%