The Student Room Group

Gem 2015

Hi guys so i have decided i want to become a doctor! I understand that this is no walk in the park soon as I've thought about this for the last 6 months. I'm currently in first year of uni resitting 3 modules in Education, but 4 pieces of work. Regrading i pass my undergraduate with a minimum of 2:1, i would like to apply for the graduate entry at Derby. Now currently i have no work experience whatsoever in any medical field/hospital/gp etc. I have no gcses and no a levels, however i did an access course in higher education and managed to get into University of Birmingham. I've looked at the ukcat tests and gamsat and they seemed a little difficult but with practice i may get through them. Can anyone advise me on what i should do? Im really serious about this, so please be nice with your replies.

Many thanks.
If you want to go to Derby (It's actually run by Nottingham but just situated in Derby) then the sole deciding factor on whether you get to interview is your GAMSAT entry exam score. A-levels/GCSEs/any degree are accepted (above a 2:2) but you must score well to get an interview. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest