This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i cant decide whether i want to be an art teacher or try my luck as a stage actress, i want the stability that teaching can give u but i want the experience of acting. there are so many pros and cons for both careers, which do u think will benefit me most in the long run?
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
i can decide whether im want to be an art teacher or try my look as a stage actress, i want the stability that teaching can give u but i want the experience of acting. there are so many pros and cons for both careers, which do u think will benefit me most in the long run?
It depends what you're best at! How about asking your art and drama teachers for their view?
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trousers)
It depends what you're best at! How about asking your art and drama teachers for their view?
i dont want to soulnd big headed but im good at both (or so they say)
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'd say go and live the dream and try and be an actress. it sounds like an amazing job and although it's more uncertain if you're really passionate about it you ought to give it a go. if it falls through you can always try teaching then.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i cant decide whether i want to be an art teacher or try my luck as a stage actress, i want the stability that teaching can give u but i want the experience of acting. there are so many pros and cons for both careers, which do u think will benefit me most in the long run?
why dont you try to get a part as an art teacher

couldnt you teach, and get involved with the drama at school?
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dickie)
why dont you try to get a part as an art teacher

couldnt you teach, and get involved with the drama at school?
well what i was thinkin was go get all my qualifications for art teaching and then go to drama school afterwards, so if it didnt come to anything i always have the teaching to fall back on.
i dont want to end up wasting a really large amount of time to never benefit from it in the long term, and with the drama thing it is very hit or miss

im so confused!!!!
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well what i was thinkin was go get all my qualifications for art teaching and then go to drama school afterwards, so if it didnt come to anything i always have the teaching to fall back on.
i dont want to end up wasting a really large amount of time to never benefit from it in the long term, and with the drama thing it is very hit or miss

im so confused!!!!
That sounds like a good idea- always have a plan b!
at least then you have a guaranteed job as an art teacher if the drama thing doesn't work out.

ps i would like to be on your list
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
That sounds like a good idea- always have a plan b!
at least then you have a guaranteed job as an art teacher if the drama thing doesn't work out.

ps i would like to be on your list
its not always guaranteed tho is it, but there is more chance of me gettin a teaching job
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whats the actual decision to be made?
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by vienna95)
whats the actual decision to be made?
weather to go in to teaching (art ) or to go into acting, i thought id made that quite clear
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
weather to go in to teaching (art ) or to go into acting, i thought id made that quite clear
but assuming your still an undergrad, why cant you maintain the two for the moment? why do you need to make a decision?
Amy
Rep:
?
but assuming your still an undergrad, why cant you maintain the two for the moment? why do you need to make a decision?
im thinking more long term rather than for the moment, to me thats more sensible, u gotta understand thgat i am some1 who has a neatly scedualed life and its worked well for me so far, there is nothing wrong with knowing what u want (or not in this case)
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im thinking more long term rather than for the moment, to me thats more sensible, u gotta understand thgat i am some1 who has a neatly scedualed life and its worked well for me so far, there is nothing wrong with knowing what u want (or not in this case)
i think it is good to plan in advance- work out what you want to achieve in your life, there is nothing wrong with that...it will help you to make decisions if you have aims etc.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
i think it is good to plan in advance- work out what you want to achieve in your life, there is nothing wrong with that...it will help you to make decisions if you have aims etc.
tell that to vienna!!
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
train as a teacher - you can still go to auditions and the like, and if you hit the big time, great.If not, at least you have a decent method of paying the bills!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tell that to vienna!!
i never said you couldnt focus on what you want, just that there seems no need or reason to sacrifice one over the other. my questions were more a case of are u trying to make a decision in your head or one of practicalities? as far as becoming an actor is concerned, i would suggest you work on those insecurity issues.
Amy
Rep:
?
i never said you couldnt focus on what you want, just that there seems no need or reason to sacrifice one over the other. my questions were more a case of are u trying to make a decision in your head or one of practicalities? as far as becoming an actor is concerned, i would suggest you work on those insecurity issues.
what insecurity issues? i think it best that u just dont talk 2 me any more cus we r never gonna agree, and i dont want to get myself into trouble for no reason, what is ure problem wiv me anyway?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what insecurity issues? i think it best that u just dont talk 2 me any more cus we r never gonna agree, and i dont want to get myself into trouble for no reason, what is ure problem wiv me anyway?
i would ask you the same question..
Amy
Rep:
?
i would ask you the same question..
when i first joined he u where quite nice to me and then all of a sudden u come back on in the day, and everything i say u pick fault with
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when i first joined he u where quite nice to me and then all of a sudden u come back on in the day, and everything i say u pick fault with
i think your being abit sensitive...i barely remember posting to you.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (295)
34.26%
No (566)
65.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed