The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Human Nutrition

Just wondering if anyone on here is starting Human Nutrition in September? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wanted to know if anyone is studying this as well, 2017 entry?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
I'm studying plain nutrition at Nottingham this year :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ilovepizza123456
I'm studying plain nutrition at Nottingham this year :smile:

wow congrats! do you know the difference between the two?
Original post by sarskinz
wow congrats! do you know the difference between the two?

thank you!!! and not really tbh. Are you studying human nutrition?
Reply 5
thank you!!! and not really tbh. Are you studying human nutrition?

Yes I am studying human nutrition but I'm doing a foundation year along with it because I didn't do science A-levels. I did humanities instead, are you excited? :biggrin:
Yes I am studying human nutrition but I'm doing a foundation year along with it because I didn't do science A-levels. I did humanities instead, are you excited? :biggrin:

ooh cool!! what uni are you doing your foundation year at? lol I'm somewhat excited but kinda nervous as well.
Reply 7
ooh cool!! what uni are you doing your foundation year at? lol I'm somewhat excited but kinda nervous as well.
At Westminster because I want to stay in London, initially I was meant to study in Kent for Philosophy & RE. I'm really nervous as well, I don't know anyone who's doing the same course as me, do you?
At Westminster because I want to stay in London, initially I was meant to study in Kent for Philosophy & RE. I'm really nervous as well, I don't know anyone who's doing the same course as me, do you?

haha I live in London too so I understand the feeling. yeah same I know no one too. doesn't help that nutrition is a pretty unpopular course. what humanity a levels did you do?
Reply 9
haha I live in London too so I understand the feeling. yeah same I know no one too. doesn't help that nutrition is a pretty unpopular course. what humanity a levels did you do?

Yes it really is, I don't understand why :frown: I did History, Gov & Politics and Philosophy, how about you?
I know its kind of early to think of ahead but I want to get a masters in Dietetics after I complete my four years of human nutrition. How about you? Have you thought ahead as well?
Yes it really is, I don't understand why :frown: I did History, Gov & Politics and Philosophy, how about you?
I know its kind of early to think of ahead but I want to get a masters in Dietetics after I complete my four years of human nutrition. How about you? Have you thought ahead as well?

oh wow those subjects sound really interesting but also really hard. I did A level psychology, BTEC Applied science and an AS in sociology. Yeah, I'd like to do a masters too but I'm not really sure exactly what in. In all honesty, I'm still not too sure what I wanna do in the future so I'm hoping that being at uni will help me to think of something that I actually wanna pursue
oh wow those subjects sound really interesting but also really hard. I did A level psychology, BTEC Applied science and an AS in sociology. Yeah, I'd like to do a masters too but I'm not really sure exactly what in. In all honesty, I'm still not too sure what I wanna do in the future so I'm hoping that being at uni will help me to think of something that I actually wanna pursue

Yes they were quite hard especially History it was just a train wreck. The subjects you did are interesting as well! I'm just excited to finish A-levels after all that stress, but I still want to continue studying after that stress lol
Yes they were quite hard especially History it was just a train wreck. The subjects you did are interesting as well! I'm just excited to finish A-levels after all that stress, but I still want to continue studying after that stress lol

I've heard so many people complain about history lol. Are you proud of your grades? Ikr even for me, doing one A-level was super hard esp psychology which had so much content. At least I think uni will be better since there's less exams and more coursework I guess
Are you able to access your email account and blackboard?
Original post by WutJob..
Are you able to access your email account and blackboard?

I haven't been able to access it yet because I got a place through clearing so I think it's taking them time to update their systems maybe, how about you?
I've heard so many people complain about history lol. Are you proud of your grades? Ikr even for me, doing one A-level was super hard esp psychology which had so much content. At least I think uni will be better since there's less exams and more coursework I guess

Not really, I achieved CCC but I know I could've done better and achieved ABC or BBC even if I had stressed less. But I'm just glad its all over. Are you proud?
Reply 16
Not really, I achieved CCC but I know I could've done better and achieved ABC or BBC even if I had stressed less. But I'm just glad its all over. Are you proud?

Hey im thinking of doing human nutrition in Westminster aswell is it fun. Also can you become a dietician with this course and possibly open your own clinic?
Original post by Nursss
Hey im thinking of doing human nutrition in Westminster aswell is it fun. Also can you become a dietician with this course and possibly open your own clinic?

Hi there

This course is accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) and graduates from this course are eligible to join the Register as an Associate Nutritionist. The AfN recognises the high standards of training offered on our accredited courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.

The Associate Nutritionist (ANutr) designation is designed to help you make a rapid transition to full registration, normally after a period of three years, and develop a career in nutritional science.

Please see link here to understand the difference between a Nutritionist and a Dietitian.

Many thanks

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hello flower 123456, i would want to start
Original post by TanyaMadame
Hello flower 123456, i would want to start

Hi there,

Are you looking to apply for the Human Nutrition BSc course at the University of Westminster?

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending