The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Bursary

Has anyone received any news or know if they'll be getting the bursary? I know UCL judge whether or not you're eligible by the information you give to student loans, but I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know when we'll know?
Thank you! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chris_OSully
Has anyone received any news or know if they'll be getting the bursary? I know UCL judge whether or not you're eligible by the information you give to student loans, but I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know when we'll know?
Thank you! :biggrin:

I'm still waiting too - I also have no idea when we'll find out. UCL seem to be taking their time. I still haven't heard about accommodation either which is frustrating!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
That is frustrating :frown: my friend called up though and said theyre still getting back to people though :smile: what subject are you studying?
Original post by Chris_OSully
That is frustrating :frown: my friend called up though and said theyre still getting back to people though :smile: what subject are you studying?

Yeah really annoying. French and German, you?
Reply 4
Biochemistry, but I have to study French too because I didn't have it at GCSE!
Reply 5
I rang student finance twice already and all they could say was that I should wait... I really hope that we will hear back before enrolment
(edited 10 years ago)
If I remember rightly (though it may have changed since they're doing new bursaries), you'll get a letter at some point in Sept saying that you are entitled to a bursary and it will be paid it October. You should have this before you enrol, though I can't remember for first year (you will for second year onwards).

The first instalment will always be paid in October after your first loan payments.
Reply 7
Original post by arcl
If I remember rightly (though it may have changed since they're doing new bursaries), you'll get a letter at some point in Sept saying that you are entitled to a bursary and it will be paid it October. You should have this before you enrol, though I can't remember for first year (you will for second year onwards).

The first instalment will always be paid in October after your first loan payments.

Thank you! I guess I just need to be patient :frown:
Reply 8
Spoke to them at the end of July and they said they'd start assessing bursaries in August, they probably have quite a few to get through though. That said, should be soon.
How much does it normally take for Student Finance to assess the information? I have sent the evidence 4 weeks ago...
(edited 10 years ago)
i hope this doesnt have any kind of deadline..............................................
Reply 11
has anyone already got any information about this bursary? either from ucl or sfe? I sent application some time ago and heart nothing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by matisz
has anyone already got any information about this bursary? either from ucl or sfe? I sent application some time ago and heart nothing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

apparently they've only started looking at the applications recently, which is annoying cause knowing if we get it or not is really important! :frown: but I found out that you can only get it if you said yes to SFE sharing your info with the uni...
Reply 13
It's a bit scary really - without it I can't live!
Reply 14
im in the same position : /
Reply 15
Calm it guys, it will get done before term starts. You know you don't get the money until 2-3 weeks after SFE payments right? Usually mid to late October

If you get a grant and consented to share information you will get a bursary. In their defence they have 25,000+ people to assess amongst all the other finance stuff they do. It will be here soon, chill and get excited for freshers.
Reply 16
and now? has anybody heart anything about the bursary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matisz
and now? has anybody heart anything about the bursary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

still not heard, it must be too late for us to hear back from them now until we start university
Reply 18
how about now? :biggrin: sorry for asking all the time but im a bit worried. Please, tell me when you get a response.
Reply 19
If haven't recieved a letter by post yet, log in to your student finance account and click "View Correspondence" and you will hopefully see it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending