Student Shack in Manchester

Watch
MissSamanthaP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone,

I'm a student at Manchester University and, although I lived in halls last year, my friends and I are moving into private accommodation next year. We've already paid a deposit and some rent to a company called Student Shack Limited. Contacting them has been extremely difficult as they are slow to email back and they have provided us with no contact number whatsoever. I was wondering if anyone had heard of this company and had information about them or a contact number if possible.

Thanks for any help!
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're not the only one... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2248663 :sadnod:

Get in contact with
A) Manchester Student Homes (immediately)
B) Student Union advice service (immediately)
C) Trading Standards (depending on what MSH & SU say)

Posted from TSR Mobile
MissSamanthaP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for your input Origami Bullets :-)

Thankfully everything has worked out ok. We managed to get in contact with one of the people running Student Shack and I've now got the keys to the house and have moved in my things :-)

I'm just updating this thread so that if anyone else comes looking for Student Shack they know it's *not* a dodgy company trying to steal your money. Slightly badly run, yes, but we've given them our feedback and hopefully they'll be changing their ways soon :-) Also, the house is lovely haha :P
Rkpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know if student shack do half rent in the summer months?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.41%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.59%

Watched Threads