Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    John Prescott answering at PM's question time (March 24 2004):

"At the end of the day it's a negotiated settlement, they're always the more difficult ways of finding acts of violence or unilateral actions like this will not help, and we just see the matter escalating from day to day, again just walk the table - that's still the only solution!" :rolleyes:

Good God! Seems the man's actually "speaking in tongues"

Later Mr.Prescott repeatedly referred to the Tories as "the Government" and spoke of the "last Tory illustration" rather than "administration"

Let's all pray (very hard) for the say return of Lionel Blair.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like most of the lecturers at my Uni.

ReputationRep:
    A couple of mistakes, but a competent performance, and certainly superior to the tory bloke, who made a real mess of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    A couple of mistakes, but a competent performance, and certainly superior to the tory bloke, who made a real mess of things.
    Fu*in hell! You call that competent? The guy can't string a sentence together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Fu*in hell! You call that competent? The guy can't string a sentence together.
    By his standards, yes, it was competent.
    Apart from a few words wrong, his answers were well put.

ReputationRep:
    By his standards, yes, it was competent.
    Apart from a few words wrong, his answers were well put.
    Oh. Nice rider....."by his standards"......

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Nice rider....."by his standards"......
    Well yes, and by most peoples standards.
    You try standing up in front of a few hundred people, answering questions from loads of people without messing up your words from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    You try standing up in front of a few hundred people, answering questions from loads of people without messing up your words from time to time.
    But not all of us proclaim to be Deputy PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    But, even as deputy PM, he is still a person.

ReputationRep:
    We all know he's only there to appease the Old Labour figures in the party and as a "reminder" that New Labour hasn't left its roots.

One part I liked of his performance: "There is less tax"... Gordon won't be too happy there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    We all know he's only there to appease the Old Labour figures in the party and as a "reminder" that New Labour hasn't left its roots.

One part I liked of his performance: "There is less tax"... Gordon won't be too happy there...
    I agree. He's there to balance out Tony's 'center-right' persona.

ReputationRep:
    But, even as deputy PM, he is still a person.
    A lot more people being more deserving of that position than him.

ReputationRep:
    A lot more people being more deserving of that position than him.
    And there are alot who are less, and each person has there own opinion on both.

ReputationRep:
    And there are alot who are less, and each person has there own opinion on both.
    Of course there are a lot of people who are less deserving than him, as the percentage of society that are deputy prime-ministerial material is very small as it is.
    To have an inarticulate, loud mouthed, stuck-in-their-ways central government figure doesn't exactly serve as an inspiration to the people of this country, or make us confident in the fact this guy is in charge when the PM is on his hols.

ReputationRep:
    Of course there are a lot of people who are less deserving than him, as the percentage of society that are deputy prime-ministerial material is very small as it is.
    To have an inarticulate, loud mouthed, stuck-in-their-ways central government figure doesn't exactly serve as an inspiration to the people of this country, or make us confident in the fact this guy is in charge when the PM is on his hols.
    I think its refreshing to have someone like that in a prominant position, rather than some f***ing ident-a-kit polititian.
    I'm not a labour fan, but i do have a soft spot for prescott, although i disagree with him pretty much entirely.

ReputationRep:
    It's damaging to his reputation that he claims to be Old Labour and owns two Jaguars and more than one mansion or something. Joe Average would interpret that as hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    Please excuse my interruption from all things Prescottish, but I thought I might share this rather amusing (political) poster: George Dub’yah Bush.
    And Dub'yah probably can't even spell war himself, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    It's damaging to his reputation that he claims to be Old Labour and owns two Jaguars and more than one mansion or something. Joe Average would interpret that as hypocrisy.
    Not only 'Joe Average' would interpret it as hypocrisy. Him and his bloody transport portfolio, while simultaneously needing his jag to take him everywhere unless it's two steps away!

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, and by most peoples standards.
    Yes. But I'm not a professional politician, second in command (on paper at least) of one of the most developed nations on earth. So I could be more readily excused from fluffing my lines couldn't I?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But I'm not a professional politician, second in command (on paper at least) of one of the most developed nations on earth. So I could be more readily excused from fluffing my lines couldn't I?
    Actually, *******s. I'll take that back. I could do a better job than Prescott.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.