The Student Room Group

Advise with my AS results

Hi I was really disappointed with my AS results, I got Maths-C Biology-C Chemistry-D and Spanish-E and I am dropping Spanish.
Is there any chance I will get even any offers for uni? I want to do orthoptics or optometry?

Also, if I get rejected, if I get good Alevel results and go through clearing can I still apply to the unis I got rejected by for the same course?
Reply 1
Hi, Universities choose whether or not you will get an offer based on your predicted grades. You need to speak to a teacher to see if they can help you improve predicted marks, depending on the grades you need. Have you looked at what the grades for either of the courses? I do orthoptics at liverpool! On the website it says they are asking for 3B's.
I can't answer whether or not you will get offers, like i said, you need to speak to someone in your school or college.
The choice between orthoptics and optometry is completely up to you. They are very different degrees. Make sure you attend open days and visit the Orthoptic department in Liverpool or Sheffield!
If you get rejected, depending on how full the course is at the particular university - it will usually be available in 'clearing' where you can apply for a place :smile:

Hope that helps a little bit!

Quick Reply

Latest