The Student Room Group

AS Results

Hi, I'm thinking of taking an extra AS level during my A2 levels so I need all the UMS in my current AS levels to make getting an A overall easier

In my chem unit 2 I got 120/140 which is just an A mark 69/100 but when I marked it myself very harshly at the end where I marked all the answers I wasn't certain about to be right wrong I predicted about 80ish/100.

I know I could have made a mistake or been lenient but whenever I self mark at the end of a paper in mock exams I usually mark say 40/60 and end up with. Few marks higher I.e 45/60 when the teachers done marking so Im thinking maybe if I remark it, I could get it boosted upto 130/140 ums?

Or will it just be too risky? I need opinons :frown:
Original post by flamegoblin0
Hi, I'm thinking of taking an extra AS level during my A2 levels so I need all the UMS in my current AS levels to make getting an A overall easier

In my chem unit 2 I got 120/140 which is just an A mark 69/100 but when I marked it myself very harshly at the end where I marked all the answers I wasn't certain about to be right wrong I predicted about 80ish/100.

I know I could have made a mistake or been lenient but whenever I self mark at the end of a paper in mock exams I usually mark say 40/60 and end up with. Few marks higher I.e 45/60 when the teachers done marking so Im thinking maybe if I remark it, I could get it boosted upto 130/140 ums?

Or will it just be too risky? I need opinons :frown:

It's really up to you to be honest. If you get a remark and it goes down you could always resit, however if it goes up then you've got more marks to fall back on later. Everything has risks, it's just up to you to decide if it's one worth taking on balance.
Reply 2
Original post by .:Twilight:.
It's really up to you to be honest. If you get a remark and it goes down you could always resit, however if it goes up then you've got more marks to fall back on later. Everything has risks, it's just up to you to decide if it's one worth taking on balance.

I've heard of people goimg from Cs to As by remarking and my teacher said that markers make mistakes and undermark often in rush of doing it all

I realise it'll be risky and wondering if its all worth the risk because I'm happy with my score but Im 70% sure if I remark ill get a few marks more easing A2 for me

I might order a copy of the script and see if I deserve more marks, does the script show yu your answer paper?

Quick Reply

Latest